Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A Parker Visit for Groceries

Park Place RV Resort

The winds had abated overnight and today, Tuesday, Mar. 8th, wasn’t supposed to be so bad. We’ll see about that. I was surprised that it was still above 40F/5C when Gibbs and I got up for our walk. He didn’t need his sweater and it was quite pleasant. Bill hadn’t planned on flying this morning at all since we had already recognized the need for groceries. Especially milk and a few other things, so we compiled a list last night.

Good morning!

Someone in the housing complex to the east
is getting 2 nice sized sheds 

It was a nice walk and Bill had Gibbs’ breakfast ready and was climbing into the shower when we walked in. Our little bum has changed his morning ritual – again. I guess he likes to keep it interesting and keep us guessing. He won’t touch his food until we are seated or at least both of us have our coffee and tea. Who knows what gets into their heads but there is no point in trying to convince him otherwise. 😊

selfie time!

Bill caught up on blogs while having his cereal and I had my tea sitting in the chair playing my two Wordle games. I didn’t do badly on them today so patted myself on the back. We have recently started taking 50 mg of Zinc with our pill regime and after the 3rd morning of me feeling some temporary sensations of yeuchy-ness, I checked the bottle. It does say ‘preferably with a meal’ so, since that has been the only routine change for me in the last 3 days, I decided to put it with my supper Calcium pill. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Remember the big set up that came in last night?
Here he is after 2 hours of unloading and parking
LOL someone has patience
Interesting to note that he was one man travelling on his own

The park had to turn our water off this morning
because of a damaged line
We were notified in advance and had added water
to our tanks yesterday

We left Gibbs in charge and drove to Parker before 9. There were about 10 things on our list and we came home with 9 of them so that felt good to get things stocked up again. Once more, we were mildly surprised with the total bill being less than we’d expected. Those are bonus shopping trips in my eyes!

A quiet drive to Parker


 Half of the store customers were masked and half were bare-faced even though the sign on the doors say they are ‘required’. That doesn’t mean mandatory. 😊 We still play it by ear. In the Pharmacy aisle, I was glad to have mine on when 4 of us crammed in there to buy vitamins. 


On the drive to and from, our jaws dropped at the prices of fuel. It makes no sense whatsoever that RunningMan fuel stations are only charging $4.02/gallon for diesel. Every other station in Parker was $4.89 or $5.04/gallon w/credit card.

Shell price in Parker

We unloaded back home and I fried bacon and scrambled eggs for lunch. That was almost too filling for me, since I’d just finished a coffee. I finished one puzzle and went to find a new one. To get the small puzzle area, you walk through the library with the L-shaped shelving unit. The books are a mess and that kind of rubs my anal ‘librarian (Spidey) sense’ the wrong way. It seems like someone tries to keep them alphabetical but without a lot of success.

Two Running Man stations at Parker
Quite a difference in price
We topped up the other day, darn!

I got distracted from puzzles and worked on one section of the ‘L’ managing to get the top 4 shelves in order from A to Q. However, the bottom 3 or 4 shelves are still mixed up. It isn’t my place to totally empty the books (making a huge mess in the process) so stopped there for now. On the other ‘L’, there are just as many by authors with A to Q letters so I think, if I continue, I’ll keep each shelf separate. I’ve seen that done at other clubhouses. 😊

this was another pretty puzzle

It was a giggle that spurted from my lips with the next puzzle box I opened. It said ‘Family’ and I understood why after I’d chosen it. Some normal size pieces and many large pieces for small fingers. Oh well, too late, it was only 400 pieces and a lovely animal picture so I started working on it. The border is all large pieces and done in no time and now it will be interesting to see how the normal pieces blend in.

the 'family' puzzle

I returned home around 3 and found Bill upstairs watching tv and Gibbs downstairs on the couch. I joined Bill and so did the little bum. These movies are not my thing but I’d not seen it before so watched the last hour with him, tossing the occasional critical remark Bill’s way to get a laugh. 😊 I’ll put up with a lot sometimes just to spend time with my sweeties. When it was over, I came downstairs with my book and made a cup of tea.

I had to force myself to walk away

That was a good time to start today’s blog post. For supper, Bill grilled his ‘famous’ bacon cheeseburgers. Nothing else was needed with our meal tonight. The burger was delicious! We loaded the dishwasher and Bill disappeared upstairs so I could watch This is Us downstairs rather than record it. Oh my, always a teary moment and without letting any cats out of the bag, worth every minute. 😊

Supper was simple but yummy

I finished working on my blog and got a hankering for popcorn. I shared it with Bill after adding the appropriate amount of melted butter. This was a good day!

Speaking of fuel prices
This was from my blog on March 17, 2020
on our rushed trip home.

This was at a Love's in Ohio
What a difference then to now
At least a $2/gal increase and still rising today

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

11 comments:

  1. Wow with the gas prices! Cute new puzzle you are working on. You'll have that done in a jiffy for sure!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure makes you wonder just WHO is getting all that money from double fuel prices. Is it really costing them that much or are they making a killing at our expense? Funny how our "kids" are. Cooper used to chow down ... now he only eats after MY breakfast is made, then he runs over to beg some of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE This Is Us too.
    Our gas is over $6 gallon now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egads! That's terrible.

      This is Us is a wonderful show, I think it's my favourite.

      Delete
  4. I like both the puzzles and I'm sure you'll zip through this one as quickly as the other. My need for order would be offended by the lack of organization with the books too. Before I got rid of my books I kept them in alphabetical order, and separated paper back from hardcover - with separate sections for fiction and non-fiction. No Dewey decimal system though. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gas prices are from the war in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill s Bacon cheese burgers are making me salivate!! And you are amazing at doing puzzles. You seem to be piecing them together one after another. Seriously, it would take me months if not at least a year to complete one. I am always pleased when i get good bargains on my groceries, it's like getting a mini jackpot. the weather looks quite dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These burgers are very good! (sorry!) haha
      The puzzles come naturally, thanks Mom. ♥
      We were both surprised with the price of the groceries. :)
      It is very dry here and often staticy (?) inside the Suite. Nice to hear from you.

      Delete