Thursday, November 10, 2022

Enjoying our Last Day, Organizing my Book Lists, Still on the Windy Side

Pilot Knob LTVA

Thursday, Nov. 10th we followed our usual routine when we have no place to be. We are getting lazy but that’s why I enjoy the walks when I can get out. After our tea and coffee, Gibbs and I went for a nice one to the east looking for new smells. It was a warm 53F/12C and the sky is clear, making for another great day out here.

Bill took these two pictures for me
a couple of days ago
when he took Gibbs out
The moon was saying goodbye

the sun was yet to make an appearance

Then I got this one when Gibbs and I went for our first
walk today

This is our last day before we move into a full hookup park and we’re looking forward to that. Neither of us were hungry enough for breakfast so waited until noon hour when we made ourselves a sandwich. 

Our footprints n the sandy desert

What a lovely morning!

Mine was in the form of a quesadilla made in the fry pan but I didn’t have a lot of ingredients to fill it the way I like. I ate half of it with sour cream and it tasted good. The rest I’ll eat tomorrow. 😊

It's a rather skimpy quesadilla
but still good enough for me!

We read our books, Bill started Web of Evil by J.A. Jance, the one I’d just finished and is making great progress. I finished my book and I loved it from beginning to end. Instead of starting in on another one right away, I decided to update my Book Lists. The one on OneNote isn’t accessible since I transferred it from a Word document, so I’m having to update both to keep on top of them.

Our little poser

I also have the Goodreads app on my phone and except for the older ones (before I had the app), it is the best source for me. The problem is that those books don’t appear in any semblance of order…………unless I’m just missing where to do that……….so it is not the quickest way to see what and when I’ve read a book. I have found it to be the best way to keep track though as I update the page #’s I’m on as I go along in the story.


It has warmed up again today to 70F/21C and although still windy, not as bad as it has been over the last couple of days. I want to wash our windows, inside especially, but will wait now until we are in the park to do it. I’m all for a lazy day again today and why not? 😊 Around 2, Gibbs and I went for another short walk and then I thought I’d try to sit out again for a bit.

Bill had to put my chairs away yesterday, or was it Tuesday when they blew over?, so since my lounge was easy to grab, I stretched out with my book. That lasted all of 30 minutes, if that, and the flies were back. The winds weren’t strong enough today to keep them at bay. I returned inside and quickly found myself lost in a James Patterson mystery. This one is Private:Vegas.

Not spectacular again, but still lovely to watch

For supper, I had Rosy air fry coated chicken thighs and we each had our own vegetable on the side. Neither of us felt we needed anything else since it has been a few of very leisurely days. The meal was delicious and after dishes, we hit the books again for a while. We have lost some of our regular channels, for some reason, but we turned on the movie The Longest Yard for something to watch. 

This has been a nice last day here out in the‘boonies’. No rush in the morning, we can’t check in until 3 at our park.

The sun left a sheen on Pilot Knob Mountain Range
after it dropped below the horizon

Thank you for the visit!

14 comments:

  1. Funny how it is windy at your place and not so much at ours and then not as windy where you are and very windy today where we are ... and really we are pretty close together! It is always fun to go to full services after boondocking for awhile, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like when it rains up in the Ridge, 6 miles into town is dry. πŸ˜†
      I will very much enjoy full hookups.

      Delete
  2. Nice leisurely last day. I loved that clear sky sunset. Wonder where you're going tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ€” I've had a lot of leisurely days, good word for lazy!!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you'll appreciate the hook-ups after a week in the desert. Not as much privacy though that might be nice too.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we definitely will. 😊
      True, no privacy but i can live with that for the benefits.

      Delete
  4. Moving on ... the RV mantra!! It will be interesting to see how busy Q is this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love watching the sun set out there. Sounds like a nice leisurely last day of boondocking. Enjoy the full hookups...😎

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great way to end your stay! Nice and easy does it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What brand air fryer do you like?

    ReplyDelete