Monday, November 28, 2022

A Trip into Quartzsite, Winds Return

La Posa South LTVA

On Monday, Nov. 28th Bill was up ahead of me. I heard his phone making noises, notification noises, and once he got up to see what it was, he just stayed up. It was barely 7 am. I stayed in bed with Gibbs until 7:30 and then we went for a walk. He went as far as he wanted and turned around. No, he isn’t scared of anything, he has no problem walking on the stones or the sand, he just wants to get a few steps in and go home. 😊

Clouds can easily make the picture

And today they sure did

I dropped him off and hi-tailed it towards the mountains to the south of us. Just in that direction, I had no intention of going into never-never land. Bill asked if I’d walked yet back to the Magic Circle to see their big event tent but the last time I did that, we got lost. At least lost enough to give me palpitations so I have only returned once to see if I could find my way back. Obviously, I did. 😊


It was a nice walk again this morning

I managed half of my steps this morning and returned home. It was going to be a windy day, gusts to 20.6 mph, with wispy clouds appearing over us throughout the day. It wasn’t a full covering so it still warmed up to 73F/23C. It would have been very hot without those gusts! We had our morning brew and then I hopped in the shower. We have plenty of water for the next 3 days so I stretched my shower out in a timely fashion.

I got a kick out of this sign
at The Pit Stop

Bill and I drove into town for a few things. Propane for the Suite, fuel for Black Beauty, a new Sunhat for Pat, groceries at Roadrunner for meals, the post office and we took a walk through Tyson Wells before heading back home. It was lunch time and since we hadn’t eaten yet, we were hungry. Did we buy anything? Yes, we did. Bill picked up some led lights at the K & B tent for the basement and I bought some extendable fridge bars.

At the Surplus Outpost store
I found my new hat
Bill helped me pick a colour and I love it

Our silverware drawer is very wide and we use two trays side by side. As much as I love the space it gives us, they don’t fit securely from front to back and I’m constantly pulling them forward to the front of the drawer. This past summer, Bill had mentioned finding a piece of wood to fit across there to hold them in place but he didn’t have any luck. So! The bars were not for the fridge, this time. It is a double bar system and extends to the 23” we need. 😊 Happy camper here!

Our cutlery drawer
If the two trays were identical, it would be better
but for now, the extension bars will work great

We also drove around to Park Place RV Park once more to get the correct mailing address for post office deliveries. I’d dropped our Christmas cards off with the wrong P.O. box on the return address. Darn! It just meant sending an email to the family members in case they wanted to send cards and I did that when we returned.

The Ocotillo out here are still
not green

After a couple of cinnamon buns each for lunch, I went for a short walk with Gibbs and then a longer one on my own. My phone app sent me streamers of congrats when I bypassed my goal of 6,000 steps and then more when I returned home with 8,000. I installed the app on Bill’s phone so he can keep track as well. He just has to remember to carry his phone with him!

For supper, I had thawed a pound of ground beef and will find something to fill our tummies. Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy was on at 5 so I watched that before starting the ‘something’. At 6, you’ll be pleased to know that the ground beef turned into a good meal. A sloppy joe of sorts but with my own ingredients and even Bill suggested his own touch. I added celery, onions, mushrooms, thickener and then his brown beans. 😊

Just before supper, the sky was showing off again

On the side, I cooked a section of pepper squash for myself and then we had the whole mixture on hamburger buns that I bought today. We both enjoyed it very much and it was quite filling. The Voice was on by then and we watched that while doing dishes. We didn’t need the generator on to prepare the meal but Bill turned it on at 7 for a few hours. This is our tv night. What a great day!

Our hamburger meal was very good
and we have leftovers! Yay!
good night!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture of you two and, of course, the handsome Gibbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your walking numbers. I've been falling short but I'll be back on track tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. I'm sure I'll fall short many days but will do my best.

      Delete
  3. There's a free app for your phone called GeoTracker. It uses gps and will show where you've been but more importantly it will always show where your home is. It's easy to get lost in the desert and I need to start using this app more as I've had some close calls.
    Bobseyes.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i used an app like that years ago in Elephant Butte Lake state park. I forgot about it. Thanks Bob.

      Delete
  4. Happy you are making your steps. Keep up the good work!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when a day turns up cool stuff. Love the hat. I was going to say, there are apps you can add to your phone to track where you are. Wouldn't want you to get lost in the Magic Circle!!!!! I have the same drawer problem. I'm going to try your fix!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you. Getting lost back there could be frightening, especially on a hot afternoon.

      Delete
  6. Love the hat, will look adorable on you! Dinner looks yummy and filling :) Uh yeah, I'd stay away from the Magic Circle too LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same issue with my cutlery drawer...I'll have to look for something similar as that bar because it drives me nuts.
    I wouldn't have that to add brown beans to a sloppy joe mix, but now that I see it, it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a double bar which works better than a single but my trays are different lengths. I'll have to rectify that one day.

      Delete
  8. Magic Circle? I will have to Google. I have fixed a dinner like what you fixed but with a little BBQ sauce. I haven't fixed it in a long time. I'll have to add it back into the dinner cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Magic Circle is at the west (?) end of La Posa South. It is where clothing is optional.
      I love this kind of easy hamburger meal. :)

      Delete
  9. Looks like another lovely day for you in Arizona. The winds here whipped the snow down the road and now we have lovely drifts of up to 8 inches in some areas. Just beginning to taste a prairie winter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you don't get too deep in the white stuff. Unless you want to, of course! :) A prairie winter - hum, sounds like a book title.

      Delete