Thursday, November 3, 2022

A Cool Last Day in Bullhead City

The Ridge

On Thursday, Nov. 3rd it was again around 7:30 when we all got up. Gibbs helped us sort 3 loads of laundry. It has been 2 weeks, since we left home in fact, that we’ve done our wash so there was a pile. I made a tea and Bill drove me up to the Mat here in the park. Nice to have a cash machine as we hadn’t yet built up enough quarters for the job. 😊

The laundromat  has a western look

And the views are pretty great

Their metal statues remind me of
Borrego Springs, California

At $1.75 for washers and $1.25 for an hour of dryer time, it seemed like a great deal. We don’t even stop to consider the exchange now that we’re in the southwest. It isn’t relevant to us. Bill drove back and I waited and read my book for the duration. The story is really got me hooked. I’m not sure if I mentioned that it is a memoir of a lady who loses her Mom and the before and the after story that followed. There are many similarities, and some that aren’t but it is good.

Cinnamon buns for lunch

Bill returned and helped me fold and by 10:15 our laundry was done and put away for another week or so. I had promised Bill that I’d make up a batch of Pillsbury Cinnamon buns after we got home so asked him not to have his cereal this morning. He was all for that! 😉 He loves those buns! It’s been a while since we’ve had them and they were good!


The sky has changeda few times
throughout the day

We watched the tail end of a movie together, one we’ve seen but like, since it was a chilly day out there. Then I took Gibbs for his walk around the park block to get his (& my) exercise. I dropped him off at home and then walked back up to the clubhouse and worked on the puzzle. I had a feeling it wouldn’t get finished before I (we) left the park but I was going to do what I could.

That's the best I can do for this one
someone will have to finish the rest 😃

And I did in the two hours I was there. When I got up to leave around 3:30, one of the ladies playing games asked if I finished. Nope but I did do my best! Back home, Bill and I made a cup of tea and walked over to Roland and Lori’s for an indoor Happy Hour. Our last one here until we meet again. 😊 It was cozy inside and around 5:30 we walked back home to Gibbs. He was welcome but we thought he and Schatzi would be more comfortable if he stayed home.

Schatzi snuggles in her bed while we all chat
She keeps an eye in the glass - her parent's 
reflection is in there 💘

I started prepping the chicken thighs and Bill got the fries ready. We agreed that it would be a meal cooked indoors so he could put the barbecue away. He had outdoor things all packed away by the time I got back from the puzzle so he had only the satellite dish and the weather station to put away in the morning and dump tanks.

Looking west

Looking east

Supper was delicious

We’ll be boondocking for a week so he’ll also empty the fresh water tank and add enough gallons to get us through. Supper was very good, the fries were crispy, just the way we like them. After clean up, we watched a Blake Shelton special and then Bill put a movie on while I worked on my blog. We had some ice cream for dessert. Yummy. It is dropping below 50F/10C tonight so we may have some heat on. The warmth will return tomorrow. 

And west once more
Stunning
Good night!

This has been a great day! Thank you for stopping in.

12 comments:

  1. Happy you and Bill enjoyed your time there and had a chance to reconnect with friends.
    Very good prices for laundry. Safe travels.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, we do enjoy this park and Bullhead City although we don't go often anymore. Tend to just get further south asap. :)

      Delete
  2. Schatzi is so cute all snuggled up. The weather seems perfect and the sunsets beautiful. Couldn't be nicer than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is adorable and actually let me get closer to her this visit! :)

      Delete
  3. That is a very good price for laundry. Safe travels today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, back home it is at least $3.50 per wash load but mostly higher.

      Delete
  4. The pictures are all beautiful. And I love the vase and flowers by the fire place. I used to go to great lengths in decorating but now I just don't have the energy. Sometimes I miss those days. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. Lori and Roland have a beautiful home and are staying there for 6 weeks so likes to make it 'homey'. In a place for 2 weeks or more, I do the same. :)

      Delete
  5. It was certainly cool at times yesterday, but short lived. The park you are in is beautiful. Have a safe trip to Yuma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent laundry price. You almost got the puzzle finished.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! One more day and I could have finished it but ran out of time. It was tough walking away from it, let me tell you! haha

      Delete