Saturday, November 26, 2022

Incentives, Beautiful Day at Home

La Posa South LTVA

On Saturday, Nov. 26th we woke to another lovely morning. It was only 41F/5C again but there was no, if any, breeze to speak of. Perfect! I wear capris and loafers with no socks but make sure to layer up on my upper body. Gibbs said ‘no’ when I asked if he needed his coat too. 😊

On the walk by myself, I had a choice....
at the fork in the road

So I stayed to the right
so I wouldn't get too far from the main road

We went in the same direction, to the south, as yesterday and Gibbs did the same thing. Not only did the brakes come on, this time all 4 cylinders clicked off. It’s almost like he hears something or smells something that he doesn’t like and turns for home. Once we’re back at camp, he wants to wander around, sniffing and smelling things so he has me totally baffled. Tomorrow, we’ll try north.


There are still a lot of nice open spaces away from
the roadways




Because Bill was up too, he has morning plans, I stayed home and had my tea and oatmeal with him. I’m not one for cold pizza in the morning, shudder, like some of you, so warmed my breakfast for a few seconds. Bill was heading to the flying field this morning to see the guys. He wasn’t sure if he’d fly but he had his planes with him regardless. He left between 8:30 and 9, I think. It was so calm, his friends should be there. 😊

I took this roadway through the wash
but I wouldn't want to bring the Suite through here
It's steeper than it looks in the picture

Looks like this fellow is wiping a tear from his eye

At 10 to 10, I left Gibbs at home and headed north for my walk. I now have an incentive. After hearing and reading about Deb and Doug’s walks, although I am not interested in ‘hiking upwards’, I was encouraged to try and increase my daily steps as well. I’ve not been doing well since we left home as far as reaching any goals. So, I walked for 50 minutes and it was very quiet, even at that time.

then I cam across this Saguaro
You figure it out!

Very picture worthy!

I see a lot of flat open camping areas down the road from us but I’ll bet come January, they will be full too. Even December picks up a lot. I walked the back roads and when I crossed over to the main road, I was almost at the entrance office. I walked part way back along that road, past the dump for Blue Boys and cut back across between the big rig water and dump stations. I was still shy of 5,000 steps so planned a later outing.

There were large rocks across this entrance
to our site so Bill moved them yesterday so we could
drive right in

When I reached the main road,
I wasn't far from the entrance
That little brown building straight ahead
The small building on the right is a vault toilet

I changed into fewer clothes, as it was, I had taken 2 layers off on my way back, and sat outside in the sun with Gibbs. I had a call from my sister Gayle, in Florida, and with John, we had a nice little catch up chat. We will see them before they cross into Mexico in January. The sun was hot at 68F/20C, much hotter than what the brings us back home. It’s perfect to me!

Sunny side up! Coming right up!
I forgot about my pizza so will have it tomorrow

Bill returned home before lunch and after sitting together for a while, I made us bacon and eggs. We were outside and inside at different times, finished books and started new ones. I’m reading a Tami Hoag book now. Cold, Cold Heart. It grabs you in the Prologue so shouldn’t take long to read. It is a hardcover book, which I like, as the print is a bit larger. Not that I’m getting old or anything! Hahaha. 

The clouds always make for great photos

I took Gibbs for another walk around 4 in the opposite direction. We didn't get too far again and the lazy little bum stopped again. LOL Not sure what it is. Maybe a protest to his leash? Maybe he misses the Ridge! 😂👀 I did manage to come close to 8,000 steps today so that is a huge improvement. Thank you friends!


Sitting outside together after lunch

Supper was grilled bacon cheese burgers with toasted buns on the Weber as well. They were awesome, again. I had no dessert planned but we both felt plenty full anyway.

When Bill was cooking, he called me out
to see the clouds to the north

This formation was strange
it's not from my camera, it was actually
cloud going in a different direction

Success with the burgers again - Yum!

This has been another great day out here. When there is no wind, we have no complaints. The overnights drop to the mid 40’s, around 7C, but the days heat up really quickly. Bill’s flying friends couldn’t get over him being in shorts and a t-shirt this morning. It was 50F/10C but to us, pretty darn nice!

Here is an earlier picture of that funny cloud
I zoomed in to see what it was doing

Brightness just hanging on the mountain

It does fade quickly so you have to be quick


I spent the evening with my blog post and book. Bill and Gibbs are currently upstairs with the tv on. We’ve lost a few, more than a few, channels that we watch regularly so my sweetie is quite disappointed. Something has definitely happened to our Shaw provider since we aren’t the only Canadians experiencing this.

A couple more pictures of the sky
This one of the moon before the sky turned black

I love this one!
The stars are so bright out here, you get a kink
in your neck looking up at them. ♥
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. I’m glad we inspired you. I love the saguaro, very photo worthy. Maybe a different direction is the key, perhaps some smell intimidates Gibbs on your regular route. Besides it’s nice to see and probably smell new things. Glad you made it out to the airfield Bill.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sunset. Funny how Gibbs is being so obstinate - perhaps the rocks are bothering his feet?
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sunsets out in the open are awesome.
      I can't figure Gibbs out. He just seems to want short walks and then go back home to sniff around our area.

      Delete
  3. The days look warm and beautiful. Cooper has done the same thing ... just stops dead in his tracks. They must smell something ... maybe a bobcat? or most likely a coyote?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite hot here right now but may change on Monday to mid 60's. Oh well, as long as there is sunshine! Our kids, sure are puzzlers!

      Delete
    2. It's never in the same spot though. he's a man, and knows when he's had enough, I guess! haha

      Delete
  4. I had a doggie quite sometime ago! He didn't like walking in the rocks or in the snow. The vet suggested that we try boots and it worked just fine. He would walk all over the place no matter whether it was rocks or brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cute! This is different in the way that he wants to walk on anything but then just stops for no reason I can see. :)

      Delete
  5. Great pics, especially of the sunset! sounds like another great day in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always so lovely. I am glad that you are having a wonderful time and enjoying your lovely winter stay.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your step count. I find it hard some days to make my goal, but there is always tomorrow, That saguaro looks like an alter. I would love to see the three of you standing under it. Just an idea. Nice the wind has died down. Much more enjoyable and quite a bit warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to stand in front of it with a selfie but it didn't turn out. There isn't enough room for us to stand under it although it's a great idea!

      Delete