Monday, January 16, 2023

A Day Between Showers

Park Place RV Park

When we woke up on Monday, Jan. 16th, the gravel around us was wet. Bill took Gibbs out at 6:30 and after they got back inside, we heard light raindrops. They lasted a mere 5 minutes, if that. When we all got up around 7:45, it was sprinkling lightly so Gibbs and I skipped our walk. Not that he understood the reason. 😊

Dull, dreary and damp

That also meant skipping my own walk. Instead, I had a cup of tea with Bill and at 9:15 walked over to the clubhouse for Ladies’ Poker Pool. There were 5 of us this morning and I’m happy to say that was because Nancy joined us today. I think she enjoyed it, catching on quickly and Susan even called her the ‘new’ shark. I lost as usual but it doesn’t matter. I truly enjoy the 2 ½ hours together.

Nancy fit right in

Back home for lunch, I made up a cold plate similar to yesterdays. It was good and filling. I read for a while and then just before 2 went to the puzzle for the afternoon. I chatted with Dora, who was the host on duty today, at the same time I sorted puzzle pieces. It was going well. Adele and Susan showed up around 3:30 and at 4, I left them to it.

I separated all the lettering
(Ntl Park names) and worked from there
before the girls arrived

When I returned, I cut a couple of pieces of the peanut butter cheesecake for Nancy and walked them over. I’d promised her that! 😊 I had my tea and was pleased when Bill said he’d taken Gibbs out for his afternoon walk so I didn’t need to. 


The afternoon did produce some sunshine
but it was doled out very sparsely
and didn't last

For supper, I made spaghetti and meatballs, which we haven’t had for a while. It was a lot for me so I saved half of my plate full. Leftovers for another day.

A nice meal cooked indoors


Bill loaded the dishwasher and as I worked on my blog, we watched NCIS and NCIS Hawaii. Well, we tried to. The rain began again, heavier this time, and it messed with the satellite signal. Darn! Aside from that and the weather being a bit cool today, under mostly cloudy skies, it was a good day. More book reading tonight!

Dessert - yum!
Good night!

Thank you for your visit!

8 comments:

  1. Sometime rain must fall. Didn't rain today but the wind was ferocious. Doesn't help I'm sitting at the top of a cliff. That Nancy is good at everything. Glad you got together and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm certainly NOT good at pool, but it sure was a fun time. I'm looking forward to doing it again!! And that spaghetti ... YUM!!! You make cooking look so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are!! Thursday morning, we'll do it all over again. :)
      thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  3. Cold and windy everywhere out here I think. We had rain in the evening. The spaghetti looked good.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure unusual weather this winter. Need sunshine so I'm glad it came on Tuesday!

      Delete
  4. Foggy, cold and snowing a bit here. Harvey almost fell helping me bring in the groceries it is so icy. He spent a bit of time chipping ice off the walkway and spreading ice melt.
    Your spaghetti supper looked really good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, be careful on that ice! I used to wear those grips on my boots.
      thank you.

      Delete