Saturday, January 28, 2023

Happy and Happy Hour

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Jan. 28th Gibbs and I started our day with our usual walk. It was sped up a bit because it was still a very chilly morning – despite the clear sunny sky. 😊 Again, 37F/2.7C is mild to folks back home, but to us, it’s a little unusual in January and not what we’re used to here. Instead of my walk, I’m coming up with a lot of reasons why not to go, I had my shower after my tea and then, my hair was wet so I went to the puzzle instead.


Another great day on the horizon

Our afternoon was scheduled so this would be my only time to work on it today. Bill left for the flying field after 8 and it was looking to be a gorgeous calm day. Yay! I was the only person at the puzzle and finished sections that Robert had started and made huge progress until I left at 11:45. Bill wasn’t back yet so it meant he was having a good morning. All good things. Bill was happy doing his thing and I was happy doing mine.

I worked on the puzzle
Bill brought me fresh oranges and grapefruit
from one of the guys at the field

For lunch, I had a plate with more good things, meat, cheese, cottage cheese, avocado, celery and an apple. It was filling and to top it off, we had a glass of tomato juice with our meal. 😊 I gave Gibbs the last 3rd of his Yak cheese stick to chew on but he was more interested in burying it than eating it right now. He and I went outside while Bill showered and sure enough, in the tent, Gibbs buried it quite well in the gravel. I love watching this process.

Gibbs buried his yak cheese stick
in a pile of stones

We packed a cooler bag with a couple of drinks, loaded our chairs and drove in to the tent for one last visit. The Big Tent closes tomorrow and that is when things start to thin out about. We’ve already noticed a lot of checkouts at the park. We had a hard time finding a parking spot near the tent so ended up in what at home we call the ‘back 40’. That’s okay, we just entered from the opposite end. I was intent on one thing only and that was to get more Yak Cheese bones for our little boy. 😊

The  back entrance to the Bigtent
Top right: this booth had hose little things
that slip into the holes of your clogs
Bottom right: a poor view of the busy tent


Top picture: the 'back 40' parking lot
Bottom pictures: driving through Tyson Wells

We headed out around 2 and found Deb and Tom at Roadrunner BLM for a mid afternoon happy hour. It was so great to see them again, as usual. They are 2 of our regular full-timers and we are glad to get in a few meetups each winter while we are all down here doing what we love. It was no surprise to us when Dave and Cheryl drove up shortly after, as I had invited them this morning to join us. They’ve met D & T before so it was a nice reunion for all of us.

Happy people at Happy Hour



Three hours on this beautiful afternoon, after lots of chatter and laughter (plus our pictures) we left for home. It was time to start supper so Bill looked after fries and I looked after the fish. We were finished eating and cleanup by 6:45, we don’t spend a lot of time at the dinner table like some people do.
😊

Supper
Good night!

This was a fun day, puzzling, time with Gibbs and with my sweetie and our other rv friends. We’ll see them all again soon. It won’t likely last but we reached a warm high of 64F/18C today with little to no winds.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

12 comments:

  1. It is a fun world we full timers live in, catching up with friends once or twice a year is always fun and I find you just never loose the connection you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I think of the 'new' friends we'd never have met, I feel so blessed for what our lifestyle is. I'm sure you feel the same way.

      Delete
  2. Glad Gibbs got some more chew toys. He's so funny when he buries them. They are the perfect hard-as-a-rock toy. Surprisingly, the weather here isn't all that much warmer, although I don't have to wear a flannel shirt. You guys are screaming through the puzzles ... you'll need new ones for next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite endearing to watch him bury his new 'toys'. :) We will need new puzzles next winter!!

      Delete
  3. I’m glad you folks all had a chance to get caught up. It is always nice to reconnect with friends.
    Once the tent closes down I would the town will get back to normal winter crowds. I too have some freshly picked grapefruit, very juicy, very yummy.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss our friends for the years we don't see each other but seem to pick up where we left off as MT above comments.

      Delete
  4. I assume Gibbs remembers where he buried his treat? Is that something all dogs do or particular to his breed? We had dogs on the farm but I don't recall much about them. Though they did have the habit of rolling in dead things or having run ins with porcupines.
    The fresh fruit looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gibbs remembers and will go dig it up often for reburying. Funny guy. I don't know which dogs do it, he's the first I've seen.

      Delete
  5. So sorry you're feeling chilly down there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gibbs did an excellent job of burying his treat.

    You are all moving along very well on the puzzle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's a good little burier even when it is in our chairs under a blanket. :)

      Delete