Monday, January 9, 2023

Making Decisions, Poker Pool, Clouds Move In

Park Place RV Park

Monday, Jan. 9th arrived and another week here in ‘our’ paradise begins. The sun was out first thing yet when Gibbs and I walked, I noticed a bank of solid clouds were moving in from the west. It was warm though, starting at 44F/7C and rising to a lovely 70F/21C by the day’s end. 😊

Pop comes the Sunshine!

This is the gravel roadway (no vehicles)
between our park and Arizona Sun Park
behind us
Gibbs knows and likes this path full of smells

I skipped my morning walk and instead sat at my laptop trying to make a decision about something I wanted to order online. Comparisons with a few similar products were made and by the time I had to get ready for poker pool, I still wasn’t convinced enough to place the order. I left Gibbs at home and our group of 4 regulars had 6 games before noon. We have a lot of fun and John (cohost) is still whining about a man’s game. Ha ha, the ball is in his court.

I love the Broccoli Cheddar soup

Bill had returned around 10:30 from the field and we came in and had lunch. I had, you guessed it, broccoli cheddar soup and Bill made a sandwich. My soup is sooo good and very filling. I don’t mind saying so even if I did make it myself. 😊 I sat with Bill and we made the move to place an Amazon order for a hexagon portable gazebo tent. Since we’ll be here for long periods of time, I’d like to have a covered space for my crafts.

Just the grapes left on the puzzle

We nipped into town for a few minutes, Bill found a handy organizer box for his hobby but I didn’t find I was looking for in the Food tent. I went to the puzzle after lunch and worked away until almost 4. Gibbs and I slipped out for another ‘around the small block’ walk and then it was time for tea. The sky is gray now, heavy with a blanket that has spread widely over us. A few rv’ers have left and I think 3 new ones have arrive today.

I wasn't kidding about the clouds
but at least the warmth remained


When Bill was grilling
he called me out to show me the mountains
lit up in the east

For supper, Bill grilled cheeseburgers and we had another quiet evening. Yesterday was not only Hadley’s birthday, it was also the birthday of one of our favourites, Elvis. That meant a special was on and we enjoyed the entertainment until bedtime. I always end up sad about such a waste of a life. The previous night, we finally watched the Elvis dvd that I bought him for his birthday. I ended up in tears over that one, it was very well done although not 100% true. ♥ 

From my view, not much of a sunset
but the proud flag is flapping

Another great day and if I can find any ice cream cones in the cupboard, that may be our dessert. 

Just a simple cheeseburger for supper
can taste so delicious!
good night!

Thank you for your visit!

12 comments:

  1. You have the most beautiful sunrise pictures. Wish mine would come out like that. Great that you went with the gazebo tent. You will get a lot of use out of it. Can't wait to see a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Doug. Don't sell yourself short! Your pics are great! I'm excited to get the tent. :)

      Delete
  2. Your soup looks so yummy, I may need to make us some.
    It’s certainly soup weather here in California with all the rain.
    We sure need it but maybe not so much all so close together.
    Your tent sounds nice, lots of time you can spend under it
    on your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Linda a. I wondered who made that lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Forgot, the above from Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gazebo tent ... great idea. I'm pretty tired of cloudy skies .... hope it starts to clear up soon. Some warm would be nice too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! a lot of people have them and I just had to bite the bullet. I hope it clears up soon too! Bring some with you!

      Delete
  5. Your blog reads like a good day in "your" paradise doing what you enjoy! Another words a perfect day...🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Deb. Pretty easy going, this lifestyle, isn't it? ♥

      Delete
  6. It was overcast here as well, though no where near as warm. Looks like another enjoyable day was had.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete