Saturday, January 7, 2023

The Sun Returns and Gibbs has us Laughing

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Jan. 7th I could’ve slept in. I heard Gibbs get Bill up to go out at 6:40 and was grateful that it wasn’t me. Bill is so good at that time of the morning and although he may not want to get up so early, he does and takes the little boy out for a short jaunt to take care of business. I dropped back off after the little bum jumped back up on the bed.

I won't pretend I'm any good at moon shots
but at least I took one

Last night, I posted before we ate
This was our supper

At 7:45, I moved enough so that Gibbs came up and licked my face. Bill was already up for the second time and was in the bathroom getting ready for the day. 😊 Yes, I took Gibbs for his walk and then I was wide awake. Last night, it was 11:45 when I finished my book and kissed Bill good night. I was afraid I’d turn into a pumpkin if I waited until Kid Galahad was over. I’d never seen that one of Elvis but couldn’t justify staying up any longer.

Notice anything different with their STOP signs?
Ours are different back home

Yes, the birds again BUT I just 
realized today that it is the exact same wire
that they gather on

When we returned, Bill was about ready to leave. When Black Beauty started, both Gibbs and I jumped as Bill wasn’t in the truck yet. I didn’t waste any time but grabbed my wallet and headed up to Family Dollar. I needed more half and half cream, I’ll explain in a bit, and that was always a good distance to walk. 

It was a lovely morning for a walk although
not even 40F/4C yet

The Q Mountain off in the distance

Back home, I made my tea and had some yogourt. It was 9:30 and instead of going to the puzzle, I sat outside with Gibbs until Bill got home just before noon. 😊

Curled up on my lap outside in his sweater

This picture turned out a little different than I planned
It looks like I say to my boys "show me your butts!" 💓

When Bill are talking amongst ourselves,
Gibbs does what he can to get our attention
Today, he did this a lot and just waited until we commented
Is he not the cutest? (ps, the tail doesn't stop)

It was a lovely morning with a clear blue sky. So clear, I could see the moon dropping in the western sky. Did you see it last night, the Red Wolf Moon? It wasn’t red when I saw it but it was big and beautiful just the same. The rest of the day consisted of a good floor cleaning, meaning I went over it a couple of times with the Norwex mop. Unless I do it 2 or 3 times a week, they are too dirty for one sweep through. Just so you know, I don’t do the floors that often.

Adele and Robert helped a bit this afternoon while
doing their laundry

I worked on the puzzle until 4 when the office closed and Patty and I walked out together. After taking Gibbs for a walk and a visit to the dog park, I had my tea and worked on my post until supper. 

Not in a playful mood at the dog park


Just a lot of sniffing

Yah, you little bum!

We reached the high today of 64F/18C and it was pretty nice with very little wind. There are wispy clouds now at 5:30 so a nice sunset is likely in order. 😊

More entertaining
I love the little guy so much! 

An then the mischief
What are you doing with Mom's tea towel?

Toasted tomato sandwiches for supper, and a ‘guinea pig’ oatmeal square for dessert. A recipe that I haven’t made for a very, very long time but it is marked, in my handwriting, as ‘Good!’. I’m the guinea pig as much as Bill is tonight! This was a great day, nice and relaxing with each of us completing one job. Bill replaced the screen on the second half of the door. Tomorrow is the Park's Soup Sunday so I'm making Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar. I needed more cream at the Family Dollar. When they didn't have it, I walked a little further to Coyote Foods. I hope you’ve had a great day too!

Before - screen had a few rips near the edges


Bill had to remove the grate to put the new screen in place
Here he is readying it for cutting

All done with Gibbs little bells back in place
Good night!

Thank you for the drop in!

8 comments:

  1. Gibbs sure is a little entertainer and so cute in his sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Gibbs always manages to look at you with those puppy eyes when you take his picture. He is a real 'ham'. It was a wolf moon for sure, sometimes causing sleep issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the screen door!! Gibbs sure plays to the camera! It's fun that he has such a happy personality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gibbs sure enjoyed getting your attention I see. What a card he is.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I 'm getting lazy about leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Gibbs is so funny! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Moon shot is very good. Gibbs is a cutie. Becky

    ReplyDelete