Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Wrapping up a Wednesday

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Jan. 18th we were once again pleased with the blue sky and sunshine when we got up and about. It was even colder than yesterday morning, at 39F/3.8C, so I put Gibbs’ jacket on and we went out for our walk. It meant I actually put socks on too! 😊 It was a nice walk around the outskirts of the park, where we met Nancy and Cooper going in the opposite direction.

There's just something about
sunshine in the palm trees
that I love

On my walk, I went around the big block and 40 minutes later, returned home. The wind was pretty calm this morning and I had my jacket undone by the time I got back. It’s going to be a nice day even with a high of only 59F/15C. I walked over to the clubhouse laundry at 9 to wash our two chair quilts. I was the first in a stream of park guests to used the machines today. Timing is everything!

The colours here, from the roof of the shelter and washrooms,
to the deep brown bark of the tree to the
red flowering bush all against the blue sky,
well, I had to take a picture

Because it was coffee hour, something I don’t partake in, I returned home to drink my tea with Gibbs and play my Wordle games. When it was time for drying, I walked back and hung the quilts on the line out back. With the sun, my hope was that they would be dry by noon. Gibbs and I sat in the gazebo until noon hour, when Bill returned home from the field. It was quite nice out there, blocking any trace of wind and letting only the sun shine in over our neighbour’s rv.

Looking across the dog park

The quilts were dry by 12:30 and after we had a bit of lunch, I went over to work on the puzzle. Between Nancy, Adele and myself, we had it finished by 3. Just in time for a cup of tea! 😊 The rest of the day went by pretty uneventfully although Bill didn’t have any luck getting our water bottles filled. The lineup was too long for water! He’ll try again tomorrow.

It was quite nice in our own
private gazebo 💓

We finished the National Parks
puzzle

For supper, we had Pork Apple Sausages from Nancy in Rosy, the air fryer. I fried the leftover potatoes for Bill and reheated my leftover spaghetti and meatballs to go along with. The sausages didn’t take long at all to cook and it was a great meal. We had a piece each of the peanut butter cheesecake for dessert.

Maybe Nancy got a shot of the actual
sunset but this was pretty too.
She's parked in the back right hand corner of this photo

Leftovers for supper but those apple sausage
were quite a nice treat!
Good night y'all!

This was another good day and now we’re sliding towards the end of the week already. Bill and I watched The Blues Brothers movie tonight. An old favourite. I laugh out loud at the car pileups in their chases.  Thank you for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, it is nice to have the wind die down. Makes for a gorgeous day with a bright sun. That puzzle looked waaaay too hard. You girls are good! I think we're going to have plenty more days just like today coming up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a picture of your gazebo in your last post. What a nice addition to your site. I liked the contrast of the red roofs along with the other colors against the blue sky, also. I can see why you took the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly has been cooler than normal for you. Gibbs seems to be enjoying the gazebo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked the sausage. They went to a good home! I LOVE your gazebo. Such a great idea to block the wind and sun. The perfect crafty place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure where you get your drinking water, but we usually get ours at the machine near the Chevron at Riggles and Main street. never had a line there. if it is tank water then we go to The Pit stop

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s nice to see the sunshine and leave the wind behind. There is something so nice about clothes dried on the line!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the gazebo was a worthwhile investment for you! We do love clothes on the line, but not now LOL! Getting more crowded there and in the area I would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you all got that puzzle done very quickly. It looks like more and more people are arriving.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure has been a cold January, I hope our mornings warm up soon cause those morning walks are pretty chilly right now! Good work on the puzzle, that was fast.

    ReplyDelete