Sunday, January 8, 2023

Visitors! Soup Sunday and Sunshine

Park Place RV Park

Sunday, Jan. 8th we woke up to the promise of another lovely day. The clouds were minimal when Gibbs and I went for our walk but we were both grateful for the extra layer we had on in the cool 41F/5C. I went for my walk around the big block, with no other destination in mind, and met both Bill, driving, and Carol Ann, walking on my way home. 😊

A pretty nice day coming our way

The day was already starting to warm up by then. I could have gone over to work on the puzzle but, instead, I decided to make my Cheddar Broccoli Soup early. Bill had turned the inverter on and shut off our park power before he left but I knew Madame IP would work just fine. The soup was ready and being kept warm when I walked over to the clubhouse at 1. I’d had cereal so didn’t want lunch today.

In the baseball diamond at the park,
owners who have made camping in vans their home,
meet here every year
Rubber Tramp Rendezvous

I had worked on the puzzle for an hour when Bill texted ‘we have company’. Hmm, I had no idea who it could be but returned home to a lovely surprise. We didn’t think we’d be seeing Lori, Roland and Schatzi again this winter! They had their bikes and were out for a ride while the sky was in ‘blue’ mode and the temperatures were bearable! Waiting for it to warm up could be a really long wait.

Heading home, I met Bill

Then I met Carol Ann on her way to the flying field
Demon, the Malamute was showing off
Such a beautiful friendly dog

I had to turn my soup back on to heat it up and our company left around 2:45 so they could be home before dark an we could make it to our lunch/dinner. Our friend, Shirley, aptly calls it ‘linner’. 😊 

Gibbs was torn between me leaving
and Bill cutting his favourite thing
Cheese

Arriving home to company
Guess who?

Schatzi  all decked out for the ride
in her Indian t-shirt

Be safe, dear friends!

There were 5 soups, a salad, rolls, crackers and dessert. There were only 13 of us to sit down for the meal but it was really quite perfect. Many more soups to sample and it would have been too much, in my opinion.

I tried 4 of the soups, one being mine
Rick and Patti's Zuppa Toscana and Barb's Taco Soups
Patti's chocolate cake was better than the
store bought cheesecake by a mile!

Everything was delicious but I declined the turkey noodle soup, too many noodles. We chatted with Rick, Patti and Barb until 4 when we carried out pot home. Yay! I have some leftover for lunches. No supper was required tonight and I should definitely take Gibbs out for a walk. 

Gibbs found a meat wrapper on our walk
It smells so good Mom!

The setting sun
Beginning to end

How can soup be so filling? ðŸ˜Š Patti and Rick were trying to decide what to do for the Valentine’s Day dinner. We’ll wait and see.

The day wouldn't be complete without wishing
our youngest granddaughter
Happy 2nd Birthday Hadley Rose! 💖

This has been a wonderful day! Thank you for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Good hot hearty soup on a cold day, what could be better. Such a nice surprise from your friends to visit. Your youngest granddaughter sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see L & R and I agree, Hadley is such a sweetheart.

      Delete
  2. Big Malamute. Happy birthday, Miss Hadley Rose. That's a beautiful sunrise picture, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice surprise to have friends stop by you did not expect to see again this winter. Sound like a fun "linner" trying out different soups. Your granddaughter is a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soup Sunday .... what a great idea!!! Schatzi and Hadley are looking as cute as ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...hard to believe Hadley is 2 already! A real cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Hadley! So so cute! Your soup looks yummy! Glad you enjoyed "Linner" :)). Oh that chocolate cake, I can taste it from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find soup very filling.... Happy Birthday Hadley.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soup Sunday sounds like a great idea. Happy birthday Hadley Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good day. The soup looks very good. Hadley Rose, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete