Friday, January 20, 2023

An Easy Going Day for Us – Not for the Staff

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Jan. 20th we slept in again, until almost 8 o’clock! Nothing wrong with that in my books but anything later than that cuts into our day too much. 😊 Gibbs and I dressed for the 40F/4C and went out into the calm morning. His brakes were tested this morning and there was no budging him. We returned home after only 9 minutes! LOL

Good morning!

Bill was just about ready to leave so I texted Nancy to see if she had walked yet. She had but was quite open to going again with me. She’s an early bird and solely puts me to shame. Change my habits? Not likely but still. 😊 We walked to the flying field and got to watch Bill take a couple of flights before returning home. It was a calm morning for a long walk.

Bill was flying when we walked up
so we remained quiet until he finished


Perfect landing

I made my tea, gave Gibbs his treat and at 10:30 walked over to work on the puzzle. Adele, Robert and Susan had already started it but once more, I almost walked out. Oh goodness! I calmed myself, looking at the pieces all spread out, colour coded and a small pile of border pieces off to the side. There were a few little groups of inside pieces put together so because no one was working on it, I took action.

This is a Leader 480
the electric plane Bill flies

Taking off again
The white spec is Kobus' plane

Ha ha, yes, I’m anal about puzzles. I moved pieces out of the centre, moved the border pieces in and went to work. By the time I left at noon, most of the outside edge was done as much as possible. It’s Nancy’s quilt puzzle and she warned me of the challenge it was. The pieces are not all interlocking so it was definitely frustrating – but entertaining!

It's a lovely picture

I felt better when I left it the first time
It was in some semblance of order

After lunch, I went back for the afternoon and when they joined me, we were on the right track. 😊 I know, I need to lighten up. I returned home at 4 and had my tea. It was then that I really noticed how cold the day had become. The winds had picked up and our 57F/13C feels a whole lot colder than that. I know that sounds great for January back home but for here, not so great. It’s sunny, at least, so it’s okay.

We have a regular hummer at my
feeder but today, Bill noticed this
house wren or finch? trying to drink as well

The yellow under the chin
and on a spot on his back
was curious

I don't know if his beak was long enough
but he kept coming back

Bill grilled our bacon cheeseburgers for supper and we finished the peanut butter cheesecake for dessert. The evening was quiet, recording Fire Country to watch without commercials. 

this was how we left the puzzle this afternoon

It was a pretty easy day for Bill and I, however, not so for the office staff. Yesterday, there were 7 check-ins, today, there were 8. There will be 20 more before the 25th of the month. Everyone is scrambling for a spot as even though the park will be full, the phone doesn't stop with new enquiries. This was a cooler but nice day. I hope you can say the same!

Today's burger
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. You guys did good on the puzzle. I only got as far as the first picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Gibbs knows his mind. I do an occasional puzzle on my iPad but nothing more than 500 pieces.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Nancy had a good walk to watch Bill! Gibbs is funny for sure! Your burgers always look so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chuckled at Gibbs, he certainly knows what his limits are.
    As quickly as you complete jigsaw puzzles, I would say your methodology for sorting the pieces works well. I'm not nearly as organized - perhaps I need to learn too.
    We had two cool days on the cruise after we left Puerto Vallarta to Los Angeles. I don't think we reached more than 60F either day, and it was definitely cool even for this Canadian. However, I didn't feel the need for a parka for my daily walk, unlike another passenger I saw.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gibbs must not have like the cold and decided enough was enough.

    Good work on the puzzle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete