Saturday, January 14, 2023

Could Be a Sunday

Park Place RV Park

But it’s not! It’s Saturday, Jan 14th and it moved slow like a typical Sunday should. 😊 Gibbs and I went out for our walk and it was even shorter than usual. It was his call but I was grateful to turn around as it just felt cool. I’ll blame the clouds this morning, they didn’t let the sun make an appearance at all. At least not enough to make a difference. I know there was pink sky all around us again but I missed it.

Our little guy is so proud when he finds a
plastic bottle but it is quite funny
watching him try to sniff all those smells without
dropping it!!πŸ’“

When we returned, I took my coat off and skipped my walk. I had other plans. Bill left for the flying field so I made my tea and then went upstairs with my yoga/exercise sheets. Mostly, I just wanted to stretch and then stretch some more. My bones seem to be doing a lot of creaking lately, it started over the summer, and along with taking collagen daily, I need to get the kinks out. 😊

After about 30 minutes of that, I vacuumed and then washed the floors throughout. That’s a lot of floor space, you know! About 340 square feet, I think. Phew! With that done and the Norwex pads washed out, I gathered up the garbage and walked it over before popping in to work on the puzzle. Susan was working on it a bit (she was on duty) and then around 10:30, Rob and Adele joined in.

I keep forgetting the overhead light
so it's hard to see the funny things that are happening here
It was fun!

At lunch I returned home to find that my Mccombo gazebo had been delivered! I was tickled that it came so early, not expecting it until Wednesday. 😊 We want to buy better, heavy duty stakes for it and maybe a couple more ratchet straps as that is what others in the park have done for theirs. I’m happy and once we get through the next few ‘wet’ days, we’ll get it up.

Yay! My gazebo has arrived!

I walked back to the clubhouse and among the four of us, we polished it off by 3! It was team work and we had an enjoyable time getting it done. Back home, the laziness hit me and I just wanted to sit with my boys and read. I finished my Louise Penny book and it didn’t fail to keep me in suspense. The first 2 chapters, which had me a bit confused, were long forgotten as I neared the surprise ending.

We tucked it in out of the rain
and will get at it on Monday or Tuesday

For supper, Bill grilled bacon cheeseburgers and that was enough to fill us. I felt stuffed! This afternoon when I returned from the puzzle, I put a batch of Keto Fat Bombs together and they are in the freezer to harden up a bit. They’ll be our sweet ‘no guilt’ treat when we want to munch something. I might take a few over on Monday to poker pool. Patty always has something there for us with coffee.

Just a loaded burger but it was so filling!

The rain started slowly around 6 and continued through most of the evening. If Bill finishes his David Baldacci book, we may turn the tv on but if not, I’ll be happy to start the next J.A. Jance book. This has been a nice quiet day but more chores got taken care of. We only reached 64F/18C which sounds warm to you back home, but no where near what it usually is here. Not complaining though sunshine would be lovely. 

Simple recipe
Peanut butter, cream cheese, Splenda with a dash
of vanilla
Good night!

Thanks for popping in to see us!

16 comments:

  1. Mmm those fat bombs look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe says you could dip them in chocolate before hardening but then they wouldn't be keto. I don't have sugar-free chipits. :)

      Delete
  2. That puzzle didn’t seem near the challenge I thought it would be. Looking forward to seeing the gazebo. Stake it well or we could get a first hand view as it flies by. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprised us too that it only took a couple of days but that's 4 people working on it. ;)
      No worries about the gazebo, from living on the Ridge, we know how to secure things.

      Delete
  3. LOVE those burgers. If I make it in time, I'll help put your gazebo up. That's going to be SO nice!! Gibbs ... your very own recycler!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too! Once the rain is done, so Tuesday maybe, we'll get it up. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great day. That Norwex mop makes it so quick and easy to wash floors, no wonder you got so much done! I like Louise Penny too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mop is one of my favourite things! Armand Gamache is a really nice character.

      Delete
  5. You really got that puzzle done quickly.

    Can hardly wait to see the gazebo up and in use.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, yes, I am anxious for the rain to pass on so we can get it up. :)

      Delete
  6. Tackling floors is my kryptonite but your Norwex system seems to serve you well. Also, having the gazebo sounds like a good way to take a break from the winds while having fun doing something crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually got out of the house today! We went to church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can’t wait to see your gazebo up.

    ReplyDelete