Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Our Friend Pulls Out, Puzzling Afternoon, Saved from Cooking

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Jan. 25th Bill was up and getting ready to go flying before 7:30. I don’t think there were ants in the bed and I remained lounging while he cleaned up in the bathroom. Gibbs and I went for our walk and when we returned, I had my tea and we sat waiting for a ‘last’ (this time) visit from Nancy. Today was her departure date.

It was nippy but beautiful

As close as he could get to Nancy, with his rope

My turn to say goodbye to these
sweet kiddies
Then, Johnathon did some talking and disco-ing 
Such a chatterer!

We understood, knowing full well that she had other commitments. Since Bill said goodbye last night and quickly this morning, Nancy came down to pay her hydro/electric bill and stopped in for a goodbye visit. Gibbs, of course, had to perform, sitting with her at the table. And, of course, I had to get a picture. After she left, I played a couple of games and then walked down to her site.

Nancy pulled out easily ✋
Then I went for my walk

In the 'no parking (?) lot at the corner,
I counted 13 rv's overnighting
Plus about 5 semis

From the next row, I heard the familiar ‘click-click’ of a 5th wheel connection and felt it was safe to walk over without distracting her. I know better than that! Well, I was a bit of a distraction anyway as when I offered to check her lights for her, she realized that she hadn’t plugged the cord in………woops! That’s my fault, she can probably do it in her sleep, I’d distracted her after all. Lights were good and she was on her way by 10:15.

On the south side of the Arco station
it was like Saguaro-ville
Beautiful!


I can't even imagine how old this one must be
Incredible

I carried on for another 30 minutes, skirting around the Arco station (which by the way, Nancy, now has diesel at the front pumps!) and walking down behind the residential homes before returning home for a coffee. I thought I’d sit outside with Gibbs, in our gazebo, but instead followed through on a plan to make a batch of steel cut oats in Madame IP. That kept us both inside until Bill came home from the field.

Top: Looking back at Park Place RV Park
bottom: the walk along the east side of the residential housing

For lunch, we just had cheese and crackers and it was then Bill suggested that we try the Mountain Quail CafΓ© for supper. 😊 Yay! No cooking for me! I went to the clubhouse from 1 until 3:30 and worked on the puzzle alone. This is the longest I’ve been on one puzzle but I’m having fun. 

One more day should do it

We left for the restaurant around 4:45 and although we were very close to leaving the place because of slow service, we stayed and had a wonderful meal for a great price. 😊

Mountain Quail Cafe
We waited longer than we should have to get
our order taken but we'd already invested
too much time to leave
we know they are short staffed and the food is worth the wait

We watched Still Standing as Johnny Harris talked about Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada. Great fun. Other than that entertainment, we had Gibbs to watch as he performed playing with the foot stools on our chairs. Rubbing and humping his back upwards, under our feet, is apparently a ‘thing’ and it gets a laugh.


My big meal
Broccoli cheddar soup, butterfly shrimp, veggies and baked potato
Except for the veggies, YUMMY!
good night!

This has been a good day and there are still a couple more this week.

Thank you for stopping in!

14 comments:

  1. I probably would have forgotten the plug whether you were there or not! LOL. Great dinner ... It's too bad they can't get help. Maybe I could get a part time job there for a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy is heading south andyou three are having a relaxing day. The puzzle is going to be beautiful when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember correctly, you'll be moving on in a week or so too. Hopefully you'll catch up with Nancy again before this season ends.
    I love broccoli cheddar soup! It seems that everywhere you go, service industries are short-staffed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not us. We are here until the end of March but she will come through this way on her way home and we'll see her briefly then. ;)

      Delete
  4. The meal does look delicious and not having to cook is always a plus...😊 Pretty sunrise pictures. I always wonder how old the Saguaros are as I walk out here and wonder about all the changes they have seen over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it was sad to see Nancy leave. I really love the odd shapes of the cacti.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That soup looks awesome, as does your plate! Nice not to have to cook sometimes. Short staffing seems common everywhere now. Not sure how people survive if they don't work. I love your walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the soup was incredible! So was the whole meal. Worth the wait. We don't understand people who don't want the work. the two waitresses were run off their feet.

      Delete