Wednesday, January 11, 2023

This and That

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Jan 11th we were up shortly after 7:30 and Gibbs and I got out for our walk. They sure like their routines, don’t they? Well, I guess we do too! 😊 It was a pretty nice morning with the temperature around 48F/9C with no wind. The sun played the same game as it has played over the last few games. Or maybe it’s the clouds playing the game?!

The day starts like this

I left Gibbs and Bill at home and walked to the east to the residential area. I hadn’t been there for over a week so strutted my stuff up and down inside the little block of houses and condos. I was quite warm by the time I returned and did one more walk around the park’s perimeters. My steps wouldn’t reach my goal today but that’s okay. Bill had his shower first thing so when I returned home, I had mine and then nipped out to dump our gray tank. I was standing in 2" of water by the time I finished my shower!

He is pretty good at 'Wait'ing while
Mom takes a picture

Yesterday, I found a sheet of paper that I’d printed with standing and mat yoga exercises so I went through them on my yoga mat. I won’t do them every day but I sure felt embarrassed that there were 3 on that sheet that I was ‘no way, never, highly unlikely’ ever going to be able to do! I need to keep at it a few times a week just to get the stretching benefits. That should increase my flexibility. Fingers crossed. 😊

Our diesel price is dropping again
After Boxing Day it rose to $4.35/gallon
Yesterday it went from $4.29 to this. 
We're using so little fuel right now but this
still makes us happy

I stayed home with Gibbs this morning after my walk and by the time we went outside around 11, the clouds had moved in and I just got chilled. I had taken a bit of time to dust the Suite on the lower level and then babied myself by taking care of my ‘cracked heels’. The dryness down here does make things drier than back home. I bought a foot care kit at Tyson Wells the other day so wanted to put it to use. My feet are happy now!

My favourite home style down here
I loved the whole picture with the windmill,
and its shadow

When Bill returned from his club meeting, his first Presidential meeting, we came inside and I got warmed up. Wimp! Never mind, it’s what I’ve gotten used to. Bill dropped off in his chair while reading so I warmed up my soup and slipped out to the clubhouse. Suz and I worked on the puzzle until 3 when we managed to finish it. It was an easy one.

Suz thought it was quite good that 'we' finished this
in 2 days but as easy as it was, I wasn't as impressed as she was. 😂 

Back home, I decided to pamper Bill too and did his feet. His are the only feet that I will touch, other than my own and Gibbs’ so don’t get any ideas. 😉 I had my tea and Bill, maybe as a thank you, took Gibbs for his afternoon walk. For supper, we had leftovers. Meatloaf, potatoes and rice from a few nights ago. It was filling and we needed nothing else.

Foot care = Happy Feet

From not working at the body shop, my nails
have never been so long
So, I've started painting them more often
Why not blue?

I spoke to Patrick, my son, yesterday afternoon and because he is going through some upset back home, it was wonderful to hear his voice and know that he is doing as well as can be expected. Not health, no worries there, but I hung up with a happy heart after our chat. Bill loaded the dishwasher and washed the pots before we settled in for another evening of Jukebox music. It’s quite nice. When's the last time you've heard Connie Francis? 

Cleaning up leftovers
Yum!

He finished his book this afternoon but I’m just getting into my next one. It’s a Louise Penny called Dead Cold. The first couple of chapters were confusing but finally now, characters I’m familiar with from other novels are coming to the fore and it is improving. I’m sure it will be good once I focus more on it. I guess in my no-nonsense, lazy days, I just have too much going one! 😊

Before supper, I ran out when I saw a bit of pink to the east

and our day ended with this. 💓
Good night y'all!

A good day here in the outskirts of Quartzsite. We reached 64F/18C today but warming up a bit tomorrow. Thank you for the visit.

12 comments:

  1. Love the sunset photos. Great looking sky. Hope all works out for Patrick.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes beautiful pictures Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with having a routine, to my way of thinking. Your nails look so long and strong - lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes SOMEONE also demands walks to smell all the smells!! Beautiful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice nails there. Love the blue colour.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every evening when I get to this point in my blog reading I think of you down in the sunny south enjoying your warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, thank you! Maybe thinking of the warmth will warm you up too! :) It isn't that warm right now, if that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete