Thursday, January 12, 2023

Typical Fun Thursday, Big Loser!

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Jan. 12th we were up around our usual time and Gibbs and I went out for our walk. The air was cool, it was about 41F/5C, but once the sun popped over the Plomosa Mountain range, it jumped by about 5 degrees That ball of heat is always so welcome. 😊


Good morning
Another beautiful sky

Today is Poker Pool day so I skipped my walk and instead had some cereal with my tea. We had a bit of furniture polish (not a spray) left from our school board career days and, although I use Norwex as a touch up, the wood furniture and entertainment centre need a good ‘waxing’ every now and then. We didn’t do anything with our table top when we were talking about it last (?) spring but this creamy polish brought it back to life – a bit. Things look a bit better now.

Every morning, we see 3 or 4 private
aircraft fly over
This one was caught perfectly between
the contrails

At 9:15, I joined Patti, Adele and Susan at the pool table. Last week, my score was terrible, being on the bottom with Patti, and today was no different. I was one point worse but it’s all in the cards you are dealt and I seemed to continue to pick the wrong pile. I’m having a lot of fun playing and actually making some really good shots. Some planned, most not! 😊 Fun with friends is the goal.




Bill was home with Gibbs when I returned but he was busy working on his Piper Cub so I made myself a quesadilla today instead of my soup for lunch. He joined me by 12:30 and had a toasted tomato sandwich. We needed propane, milk and eggs so took a quick trip into town to take care of that. It was quite busy on Kuehn St. in Tyson Wells. 

Propane at RV Lifestyles
is still the cheapest in town
Thanks for that tip to one of my readers

During our pool game, Adele and I began setting up the new puzzle. They were all keen, as I was, when Suz got it delivered yesterday but they were nowhere in sight after lunch when I starting flipping the pieces and sorting the border. It will be a tough, time-consuming one if I’m doing it on my own.


It's going to be a long haul, I think.

Back home, I had my tea and then took Gibbs for a walk around 5. Bill opted to have his leftover soup with cheese and crackers for supper as he wanted to leave at 5:30 for the Thursday night flying at the field. He took his drone and after he left, I warmed up my own soup. I’m seeing a glimpse of a pretty sunset again tonight at 6 but I didn’t slip out for a picture. This has been a nice day and when Bill returns, at dark, we’ll watch the new episode of Ghosts together.

Good night!

PS - the days are getting longer! 💖

Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Even after reading what you had for lunch, I still don't have any idea what it is. I thought it might be one of those Japanese monsters. Beautiful clouds on your walk. I wonder where they come up with such difficult puzzles, but you seem to like the tough ones. Good luck and I hope you get some help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean a quesadilla? It's a tortilla, fried with cheese and whatever other goodies you like in it. Usually a meat, onion, peppers, olives. ;)
      I got help today!

      Delete
  2. Ok Patsy, that puzzle is going to be a challenge for sure. I know that you will get it done though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I had help today and we got a lot done but I forgot a picture. :)

      Delete
  3. I think you enjoy the puzzle challenge even when they seem daunting.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be one heck of a challenging puzzle. Harvey is working on a Kodak one with lots and lots of hot air balloons. He is loving it thought he is finding it a bit of a challenge.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've done that Kodak puzzle! It is a real challenge, good for Harvey!

      Delete
  5. That puzzle?! I love it, but don't want to do it LOL. Doug is funny. Picture next time so he knows what you're talking about! haha. Beautiful sunrise and sunset pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is very daunting (but fun) looking! Ha ha about Doug. I'll try for the next time I have a quesadilla. :)

      Delete