Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Laundry Day, Mail Delivery 😊

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Jan. 4th we were up before 8. Gibbs has been so good after his first outing with Bill (around 6:30 usually) at going back to sleep when told until 7:30. He doesn’t disturb us until we make the first move and then he waits to see if we’re waking up or still in sleep mode. Bless his little snuggly heart.

There's that cloudy start to the day

These pigeons make me laugh

He and I went for a walk outside the park before Bill left for the field. It was a pleasant 55F/13C but cloudy again to start the day. Funny how it starts that way, with no wind and then by 10, it changes. It was still a nice morning. I dropped Gibbs at home and went down Sunset Drive to N. Plymouth and up to Main where I nipped into Family Dollar.

French toast and maple syrup

I wanted to see if they had insoles. My Sketchers shoes, that are old and worn a lot, are getting worse for wear. The memory foam insole no longer cushioned my feet and I was noticing it when I walked. Thankfully, the dollar store did have 1 pair of ladies’ insoles left and so I’ve got them in my shoes. Until I find another pair of suitable walking shoes, this feels better and they will do. 😉

The sun didn't have much luck today
but we did have a fair bit of clear sky
early afternoon

Back home, I sorted 2 loads of laundry and took my book, phone and tea over to the clubhouse. While the clothes washed (& later dried) I sat in the library with my online Word games and then my book. Coffee hour was going on in the clubhouse but I preferred the quiet this morning. I’m not into the group chat thing. I guess I’m a bit of a social misfit sometimes. Bill came and helped me finish folding and we returned for lunch.

Bill pointed out that my Christmas present
finally had a repeat customer 💗

French toast with the last of the homemade bread was a great lunch especially with butter and hometown (Durham) maple syrup. After eating, I went to start a new puzzle and was surprised to see that Adele and Robert had one out on the table. It took every ounce of my being to go with the flow when all of the pieces were just piled in the middle and they were slowly picking out the border. 😊

Just before supper, the sunset
had me running outside for pictures


They were happy to see me and within minutes, we had the complete outer edge done before I decided to check our mail. Boy, what a surprise when she handed me 5 Christmas cards that were delivered today. They all had the address on that I had incorrectly given them on the cards we sent out so we were both very surprised that they arrived at all. They all had Canadian stamps on them so maybe the one Donna sent will soon be here. Too funny!

We also received one last parcel for John and Gayle so Bill plans to go out and help him tomorrow at their campsite. They are anxious to get a brake line on their Montana fixed so they can get down to Mulege in Mexico. That is where they’ll spend the rest of the winter. It’s always something but at least this is something John can fix himself without too big of an expense.

Just gorgeous!

Gibbs and I got out for an afternoon walk when I returned from the puzzle. We had shrimp and fries for supper with the last of the pie for dessert. Of course, I added a scoop of ice cream with mine. We cleaned up dishes and watched the New Amsterdam episode that Bill recorded last night. It was very, very, intriguing and delayed my blog post. 😊 This has been a good day. It is only going down to 52F/11C so we won’t need heat again tonight.


Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset pictures. I'm guessing those pigeons were waiting for a little sunshine to start their day. It was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely had a better afterglow tonight...beautiful! The French toast looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky to see the pink sky sending me out to catch the sunset glow.

      Delete
  3. If you wait too long for new shoes you may end up with shin splints or other issues. Even an inexpensive pair to help until you find what are looking for may be a wise idea.
    I agree with Doug and Deb, great sunset photos. The sky is pretty out here when you toss in a few clouds.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my runners that I wear every so often but thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you both on the coffee group and the puzzle. Everyone does them differently .....
    FRENCH TOAST? You're killing me with your yummy food!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. French toast looks awesome. May have to try that this am. :) Really great pics of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunset photos are gorgeous. I believe the birds sit close together on the wires to conserve their energy and pick up the bit of heat that is transmitted. I like to think they are waiting for a movie to start! Maybe my first card will arrive....you should get the second one soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. I always think of the birds having a meeting but I like your definition. :) I'm sure your card will arrive, these had a Canadian stamp on them!

      Delete
  7. Now that is what I call a party line. The pigeons look as if they are waiting for something.

    Lovely sunset.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have such great deserts, and now french toast for breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete