Sunday, January 15, 2023

Cloudy but Sunny in Other Ways

Park Place RV Park

On Sunday, Jan. 15th, we woke to another cloudy sky. No ifs ands or buts, just clouds. I saw a peek of blue but only briefly and very small in a blanket of gray. We were up by 8 and Gibbs and I got our walk in. The rain from last night and overnight had stopped, leaving evidence of its appearance along our walk. I dropped him at home with Bill and carried on around the big block.

There couldn't even be hope placed on that
bright patch over the mountains

I knew it wouldn't amount to anything today

A wee peek at some blue - way over there!

Bill hadn’t charged a plane and was in no better position with his Piper Cub so had already decided, rain or not, that he wasn’t going to the field. When I returned from my walk, he reported the dishwasher wasn’t working and had washed and dried last night’s dishes by hand. Darn! I had my tea while he busied himself with a few odd jobs that were on his ‘to-do’ list.

Quite a few puddles around the area

We had word that our fellow blogger and otherwise good friend was arriving today before noon hour so kept watch for her to pull in. Knock knock, she had arrived and wanted to see if we were home before pulling in. 😊 Check-in time is 1 pm so she parked around the corner to wait. We encouraged her to come in anyway and Dora checked her in and Gerald saw her to her site.

A nice end spot into which she gracefully
backed up

Bill was on hand to help her back in but she basically did it on her own, with a little direction. It’s so great to see Nancy again! Once set up, she visited us for a while and after she left, we had our lunch. Before I went to the clubhouse, Bill had the electric hot water heater working exactly as it should be and had dumped our black tanks as well. I think there was something else that he took care of but I don’t recall what it was.

Look at me trying to eat healthy again!

I started a new puzzle at the clubhouse just before 2 and worked away until just before 4. We’d invited Nancy to join us for supper, so she didn’t have to think about a meal on a moving day, which she greatly appreciated. 

At the clubhouse there were some rv'ers watching
football so with their request, Rick and Patti made popcorn for them
It smelled so good!

The next puzzle is National Parks

I had pork chops, potatoes and corn cooking when she arrived before 5:30 and all turned out well. It was a nice supper and the company was awesome! I’m glad we had a bottle of wine to top off the meal.

It should be fun!
Oh, and wait until you see the ones Nancy brought for us!

When she left just after 6:30, during which Gibbs was a little pest, I sat to work on my blog and we set the dishwasher to work. Bill figured out that we’d inadvertently hit the ‘lock’ button and now all is well. Yay! 😊 Before Nancy arrived, I’d put together a quick dessert but it needed to ‘set’ for 6 hours so I’ll take her some tomorrow. It’s a secret until then.

When company comes, Bill gives up his table seat
and eats at the coffee table ♥

I forgot to get a picture of our meal 
but Bill took one of Nancy and I with Gibbs later
cheers!

This has been a wonderful day. The weather, not so great but still mild and no rain. For the remainder of January, we are being presented with some unbelievably abnormal days but we will make the best of it, and enjoy the days with sun a whole lot more. We’re very happy Nancy made it to Quartzsite safe and sound and before the strong winds affected her travel route.

It didn't take much to polish off this bottle
It was quite tasty!

Today, is my oldest grandson, Taylor (Tj to his friends) turned 28. I’m not even sure how the years have slipped by so quickly. We chatted on Messenger, he doesn’t have a phone account for long distance, and my was warmed with his humour and strength.

this cute little Gapher has all grown up

Into this handsome young man
I tried to crop myself out of the picture but 
that feature isn't working tonight
Happy Birthday, Taylor! 💓💓
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Nice picture of you and Nancy and of course, Gibbs🥰
    It’s good she will have some care free days .
    That puzzle looks like a hard one, probably not for you!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of you and Nancy and Gibbs. You both look Happy and comfortable .
    Sue From Mi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tyler.
    Glad Nancy made it safe and sound. I’m certain folks will have a great time while she’s there.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see Nancy arrived safe and sound. Nice picture of the two of you and wonderful how you coordinated your outfits. Same weather and clouds this way though we only had a few sprinkles last night; we are getting the rain tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Nancy is happy to BE safe and sound in Quartzsite!! Dinner was fabulous, made all the better by that cute little puppy. What a happy boy he is. We didn't drink that WHOLE bottle of wine, did we??????? Many thanks to Bill for getting me into my spot without hitting anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for the "secret dessert" today!! Hope the weather changes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Taylor. It's very windy in Wellton and that's unusual. I'm glad Nancy arrived before the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that your friend made it safe and sound. How lovely that you invited her for supper so she didn't have to worry about a meal the day she arrived.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see Nancy made it safely. Have a fun time together. Becky

    ReplyDelete