Thursday, January 5, 2023

Clouds and Wind

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Jan. 5th we followed our usual morning protocol as far as getting up together and Gibbs and I trucking out for his walk. Bill was getting ready while we left but not to go flying. It was a calm, semi-cloudy morning but he was going instead out to Roadrunner BLM to assist John with the brake line. I had my poker pool so skipped my walk and hopped in the shower. Otherwise, I would have gone along for one more goodbye.


Lots of clouds but great for pictures

Out of 5 of us, only 2 showed up. Patty had to work, Barb was helping a friend and Susan was dealing with an infection causing difficulty in movement. So, Adele and I worked on the puzzle until 10 and then decided to play 4 games ourselves. It was great practice and we had a good time. Our ‘oops’ shots get lots of laughs between us. It was 11:30 when I walked home and got the word from Gayle (& Bill) that the repair went well and they had left the blm shortly after 11.

Here he is, our goofy Gibbs
He loves his toy, named 'Toy'
but he looks hilarious trying to bark, walk and jump
with it in his mouth 💗

Tomorrow, they should arrive in Mexico and I know they will then truly be happy campers. The winds had picked up by then and clouds once more ruled the sky around us. It was warm, at 68F/20C but very unusual for Quartzsite in January. Bill and I had some lunch and drove downtown to Tyson Wells to check out some of the vendors. It was getting busy already!

At Tyson Wells things were hopping


Have a look at the flags and clouds in these pictures
indicating a very strong cool wind

The tent vendors were frantically opening boxes to display for sale and Bill and I found a couple of small things to bring home. I left the boys and went to the puzzle where I worked away on my own. It was near 4 o’clock when I walked home for a cup of tea. Bill wanted to go to night flying at the field so I warmed up a can of brown beans on toast around 4:45 so he could leave shortly after 5. They fly at dusk as long as the wind is low.


This week's puzzle

Gibbs pined for him at the door from the minute I got up to warm up my supper until I sat at my laptop to write. He continually watched the door even when he was behind me in my chair. So sweet. I warmed my pizza pieces in the air fryer and wow! It was perfect in 7 minutes. I've tried the frying pan method before but it ends up burning the bottom and not warming the top enough. 😊I’ll use Rosy to do it from now on.

When Bill left, I doubted
if there would be any flying

I cleaned up dishes and turned the dishwasher on. Bill returned just after 6:30 and reported that a couple of flyers went up and he took the drone up for a couple of flights. So, he’s glad he went. Once it gets pitch black, no one flies, it’s too hard to see to land the planes. This was a good day and we watched some tv through the evening. I also managed to read a few chapters; this book is so good!

the last of my pizza
Still good!
Good night!

Thank you for popping in.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with that puzzle. It looks like a challenge. Gibbs is just sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending up good thoughts for better weather. Gosh, those puzzles you guys are working on are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between your puzzles and Phrazles and Wordles your mind must sharp as a tack. That Gibbs loves his Daddy. Hopefully the wind is temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, looks like it's picking up around there! Pizza looks yummy! Love Silly Al's. Have you been to Mexico camping? Oh that wind, welcome to the desert :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the usual temperature there? I think I might just want it warm enough to swim, but that is just me and 20C does not seem warm enough for that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete