Monday, January 23, 2023

Same Ole, This and That

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Jan. 23rd we didn’t get up until almost 8 am. Bill knew it was going to be too windy to fly and I had no where to be until 9:30. What was the rush? It was a bitter cold morning with the wind as strong as it was and the sky was divided between sun and clouds. The temperature was 41F/5C but with the 22+ mph winds, it felt much colder.

It's always a pretty morning
even with or especially with clouds!

Looking to the park behind us

Last night, before I went to bed, Bill pulled the center of our gazebo down because of the way it was billowing in the wind. That and the strapping helped keep it in place with no damage to the unit. These gazebos have sides and this roof made for easy pop-ins when the winds get strong. This should be helpful when we are up on the Ridge. Fingers crossed!

a view from inside
It survived the winds!

It looks a bit sad but this
is how it looks with the roof caved in

Gibbs and I walked around his block where he met and touched noses, quietly, with two little Scottie dogs. They were all the same size, making it so sweet. Back home, it was already 8:30 so I made my tea and sat with Bill to have my yogourt and blueberries. I was on my way to the clubhouse at 9:15 to set up the table for Poker Pool.

Five of us today

Soup for lunch
Perfect for a chilly day
we actually reached 54F/12C
but it felt cooler than that

Patti made coffee, as per usual, and there were cookies for nibbling on if we wanted to. Nancy wasn’t available until our 3rd (or was it 4?) game and it was a morning of quite a few ‘dud’ shots by all of us and even more great shots! I actually went out 3 times! As always, it was a lot of fun with many laughs and ‘team’ spirit, even though it is an individual game. I might add that I didn’t lose today, finishing right smack in the middle. 😊

Not a whole lot of progress today
but the fencing is finding its place

Bill and I had chicken noodle soup with bread and peanut butter for lunch. There is just something for me that they go together. After cleaning up, I headed back over. I’m enjoying this puzzle, even though it is quite frustrating, and worked on it until 3:30. I have some reading to catch up on as Bill is almost 2 novels ahead of me! I started Michael Connelly’s The Law of Innocence with Mickey Haller. The prologue had me hooked.

I gave Gibbs a Yak Cheese bone from a vendor
at the Big Tent
Of course, he's been hiding, finding, hiding, finding it all afternoon

We had leftovers for supper. Bill finished the hamburger helper and I had the liver, fried potato and green beans. It was good and filling with just enough room for a cup of applesauce for dessert. Thanks again, Nancy. Seems you are keeping us fed! We loaded the dishwasher and then watched tv for the remainder of the evening while I worked on my blog. 😊

My supper was delicious
Bill enjoyed his too

Tonight, is our evening for the NCIS programs so Bill recorded them while we watched America’s Got Talent. This has been a cold yet sunny day and we are still feeling grateful for where we are.

I needed one more picture
This one is from Jan. 23, 2019
Happy Hour at La Posa South
George took this one 
L to R: Tom, Deb, Bill, me, Suzie, Kim, Ken, Rob, Pat
we do miss this gang all together
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

11 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the gazebo. It's tucked in there pretty well ... glad it survived. I was curious if Gibbs liked that yak cheese. Has he chewed it up yet? He has to hide it ya know ... or maybe SOMEONE would eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the gazebo held up. He has eaten half + of his yak cheese bone. Loves it. I might have to buy him the 3 for $10? I think they were. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a wonderful trick with the gazebo. I lost the umbrella to my patio set because of a high winds a few years ago - I have no idea where it ended up because it certainly wasn't in any of the nearby neighbour's yards.
    I do so hope your temperatures improve soon. We're heading back into the deep freeze this weekend - of course it waited until I returned from my trip south. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to know people who have similar tents. :) I'm glad you got away for a warm trip, hopefully the cold doesn't get too bad for you.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see your gazebo survived the winds. If you are enjoying life, and it sounds like you are, the "Same Ole" is a wonderful thing. Your last picture brought back all the memories of that special time parked at La Posa South with everybody and I am smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the same ole works for me! :) Yes, I love the memories from that picture too.

      Delete
  4. Wow, love how the top pops in to keep the wind from catching it.

    The puzzle is coming along nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome how easy it is to collapse the gazebo and pop it back up! Dinner looks yummy. Sweet of Patti and cookies too. Yum. Funny, but if I have chicken noodle soup I want peanut butter on bread too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Isn't that funny about the peanut butter. Not sure why but they just go together

      Delete
  6. Nice sweater for Gibbs. I love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete