Sunday, January 22, 2023

Laundry, Puzzle and an Old Movie Remake

Park Place RV Park

On Sunday, Jan. 22nd we were up ready for our day by 7:30. Bill and I sorted the dirty clothes before Gibbs and I went for our walk. It was another clear sky day but it was c-c-cold this morning. I think the thermometer read 33F/.95C. Brrr. Bill left to go flying and I took the laundry over to the clubhouse around 8:30.

Gibbs and I returning to our site
and who should we meet but
Nancy and Cooper!

I bounced back and forth keeping an eye on the machines until both loads were washed, dried and folded. It was only 10 and I was finished. 😊 

It's a small laundry room but quite suitable

That’s the way I like laundry day to go. I took a coffee with me over to work on the puzzle that Susan had started. She chose one and she had all the border pieces separated. Yay! She’s got the idea.

We were able to turn off our power
again today with such a clear sky
The park is getting full, no spots
on our row now

I worked on it for a while and Nancy joined me until 11:30. Time to go home and make lunch. We’d offered Nancy some Pillsbury Cinnamon buns with us, since 8 are too many for 2 of us. I’m glad she said yes. We chatted for a bit and by 12:45, I was on my way back to the clubhouse. This is a difficult puzzle, all the pieces are the same shape but they are interlocking and although others don’t like it, I’m happy to have the challenge. I don’t like the to be easy!

Back home, the little snuggle bum
cuddles up behind me in my dining chair

Cinnamon buns for lunch

I worked at it on my own until 3:30 when I came home for my cup of tea. I feel that a lot of progress had been made before I left. 

Interlocking pieces - yay!

Tomorrow morning is Poker Pool so it won’t be until tomorrow afternoon when I get back at it. Bill and I watched a 2019 remake of the movie Midway. He’s seen the original before and I’m sure I’ve seen bits and pieces of it. I watched this one from the beginning and it was quite dramatic.

Top picture: before noon
Bottom picture: some balloons in the air by 3:30

For supper, we had Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper for a change. Something basic, simple to make and tasty to boot! I added peas to this batch and that gave us a vegetable as well. 😉 This has been a good day with a high of 58F/15C and we are hearing of a windy day tomorrow. We won’t be going far and will keep an eye on our gazebo.

Supper was good
Good night!

Thank you for the visit today!

18 comments:

  1. Hope the winds we are having here tonight do not come your way in the morning. We have pulled in both slides and we do not do that very often. That does look like a nicely kept laundry room. Enjoy the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that it doesn't get too windy. I dread windy days of which we've had many of. Some nice snow here now to brighten things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, at least with your cold weather, you aren't seeing snow. I woke to -6C this morning, and though we're only warming up a couple of degrees, we're not that far behind you. Weird weather for sure.
    Have fun with your jigsaw puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and thanks for that. I doubt mean to complain. It's just weird weather here this winter.

      Delete
  4. I thought about putting my slide in, but settled for the dish on the roof. So far it doesn't seem TOO bad. Thank you for the rolls ... they were delicious!!! I think I need to take cooking lessons from you ... dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty puzzle and will be fun for sure. I haven't made hamburger helper in many moons, but the way you made it really looks yummy. Wind really bugs me - I hope it doesn't get too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great puzzle! Your winds sound like something else, more like Nevada LOL. The park is really filling up! Sounds like prices are rising from what I saw on Nancy's blog. I have some really good memories of hamburger helper growing up and when we had kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices are up everywhere i guess. Longer term bookings are cheaper.

      Delete
  7. Harvey just finished his puzzle early today. It is the Kodak balloon one and it really challenged him to begin with, but he managed to get it done. Looks really good.

    Your Hamburger Helper meal look very good. We don't often buy those as Harvey said that was all I made for the first year we were married (not true).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Harvey!!
      I am not keen on H.H. to often because of all the carbs but it is quick for once in a while meals. We also ate it a lot when younger.

      Delete
  8. love making puzzles, made a quick on last week, only 500 pieces.........

    ReplyDelete