Tuesday, January 3, 2023

A Pretty Nice Day, Silly Al's

Park Place RV Park

Tuesday, Jan. 3rd the day started out at a mild 49F/9C but it was windy. Too windy for Bill to go flying but not too windy for a walk. Bill and I stripped the sheets and duvet cover off the bed. Gibbs and I went out at 8, around the outside perimeter of the park and home again. I debated but not for long and I took myself out around the bigger block. I met Carol Ann, walking to the field, so we chatted a bit and then met Bill on his way as well. 😊

My morning walk under lovely blue skies

It is always a good social hour for the rc flyers even if it isn’t flying weather. That’s pretty nice all in itself. Now that he’s the President of the Quartzsite RC Flyers he likes to stay connected. He used to be President of the London flying club back home, many years ago, so I know he’ll be a good one for as long as he stays in the position.

Puzzle #5 since our arrival in the park

Back home, I made a cup of tea in my to-go mug and took the laundry basket over to the clubhouse. I worked on the puzzle while it was washing. By the time it was in the dryer, Bill returned home and popped over to see if he could help fold. He sat with me for 15 minutes and managed to help me finish the puzzle. It seems that maybe the girls didn’t like this one much as they’ve not returned to complete it. Together, Bill and I made the bed and crammed that duvet back in place. 😊

top picture: Tyson Wells is booming
bottom: Is that you, Nancy?
(nah, I know it's a Ford)

We discussed the day’s plans and then had some lunch. I had no need to go back to the clubhouse so sat and read my next book with a cup of coffee. This one is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. We’ve seen the movie so it will be interesting to see how the book plays out. I’m liking it already, comparing the details as I go along. We all drove to town, checking out all of the new additions to Tyson Wells.

The skies are still pretty nice at 3:30
when we drove to Roadrunner BLM

Wow! It has really boomed since last week! This makes us happy as it is a big part of why we love coming back to Quartzsite. The crazy, hectic pace does not bother us, we enjoy it. Kuehn St. was jam-packed and with difficulty finding a parking spot, we slipped in right next to the tent vendor who sells collapsible ladders. Bill couldn’t pass up the deal for a 15’ one and last year’s price for a 12.5’ one. 😊

Gibbs loves his Auntie Gayle
but she had a lot to learn
He wanted her arm to lay on
but it took a while before she caught on 💓💓
then he was happy and promptly gave her a kiss

Happy Hour at the Montana

From there we drove out to Roadrunner BLM to have Happy Hour with Gayle and John. John suggested supper at Silly Al’s so just after 4, we dropped Gibbs off at home and met in the busy parking lot around 5. We were immediately seated at a table for 4 and ordered our regular fare. Yum! It was 5:45 when we paid and left for our respective homes. This would be their last opportunity to go there so we’re glad they included us!

By the time we drove back to meet
at Silly Al's, the sky had clouded over

Nothing good on tv so I wrote my blog post while Bill did some Word Scrambles with country music videos playing in the background. This has been another nice day. We had clear blue skies until about 4:00 when the clouds moved in. Our high today was 64F/16C and the winds had died by suppertime. A warmer day coming tomorrow but nothing over 70F/21C for the next few days.

My small meat lovers
and Bill's small Hawaiian
Yummy!

Good night!

Thanks for the visit! Your comments are always appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. The pizzas look yummy. Nice way to end your day with friends. My, that Gibbs is getting big. I'll have to see when the Big Tent event is as I may have to make a quick trip up for a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family, not friends. :) I think the tent event starts on the 19th but not positive.

      Delete
  2. Reads like a good day. Pizza at Silly Al's always a fun time. Clouds came in here, also, not long before the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day with some relaxation, visit with family and good food. Enjoy the warmer temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, Silly Al's Pizza!
    Gibbs is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhhh I can't wait for Silly Al's. I'm laughing at Gibbs ... he knows a good lap when he sees one!! I really wish that WAS my rig, but alas, you're right, it's a Ford. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to Silly Al's sometime this winter. Gibbs is just too adorable. Mugsy sits like that with me :) Sounds like it's picking up down there now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sure getting the sunshine. The pizza looks wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're enjoying life down there - and you're warm!

    ReplyDelete