Tuesday, January 16, 2024

A Little of This, A Little of That, Happy Hour at Roadrunner

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Jan. 16th we were all out of bed by 7:30, some earlier than others. 😊  Bill got ready to go flying and after my cup of tea, Gibbs and I went for our walk. It was only 40F/5C first thing but it was calm and I wore knee length shorts with my lumberjack jacket over my hoodie. If my arms are warm, I can go with bare legs in many cases.

Beautiful morning!

I debated walking further on my own but my heel bothered me a fair bit yesterday so didn’t want to push it. I went to the clubhouse at 9:30 and started a new puzzle. Another really nice picture that D gave me. I wasn’t working on this one alone now that Susan is back and we made good progress until noon hour. I had some of the hamburger soup for lunch and Bill had a sandwich and then I went back for an hour and a half.

My next puzzle, such a pretty picture


This is how it was left this afternoon.

Today, we’d decided it was time for another trip out to Roadrunner BLM for Happy Hour. Our friends were joined by Tom and Deb so the gang is back together again. We left Gibbs at home today to look after things here and we loaded our chairs and drove out around 3. It is such a beautiful day and sitting in the warmth of the sun is what I like to do. Being with friends was the cherry on top! 😊

They have a lovely spot for sun access

Oreo sleeps in the sun but
she's listening. ♥

When Keith played a song on his phone,
Oreo either sang along or voiced her complaint.
It was hilarious but so cute!

I believe she was singing. ♥

They have been ‘invaded’ (so to speak) by a large group (48?) motor homes that are present for a rally. They are seemingly a nice group of people and no bother to our friends. That’s the great thing about most people out here, you share the space whether you are in the desert or in a park. We’re all here for the same reason. We had a fun 2 ½ hours, playing the online Heardle games (name that tune) and soon it was time to head home.

We had a fun Happy Hour
Keith, my chair, Bill, Ken, Kim, Deb D, Tom

For supper, we’d planned something simple, knowing it could be late. Bacon and eggs were something we haven’t had for a few days and with keto toast, it fit the bill nicely. After clean up, I worked on my blog and Bill went up to watch tv with Gibbs. I wonder who’s boy he is now? Whoever is up on the bed gets most of his attention these days but we both get lots of kisses regardless.


The rv group behind them
Lots of people and rigs but
respectable to the small group.

As we drove away, the sun
was setting

It was a lovely afternoon

Come to think of it, poor Stuffy is probably his favourite thing right now anyway. I keep gathering the fibrefill that Gibbs pulls out and will use it for one of my projects. Soon, Bill says, he will have to be called ‘Flatty or Unstuffed’. Ha ha. 

Waiting for Daddy to come in

When and if I ever get it away from him, I’ll get a picture. He is well loved at least! 😊 This has been a good day. We reached a high of 67F/20C and that makes us desert lovers very happy. 

Breakfast for supper.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit!

8 comments:

  1. Try stuffing with crumpled newspaper. Safer than fiber.i

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it when the "kids" sing along. Thankfully Cooper is over the de-stuffing. He does however, completely destroy the squeaker in less than five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chuckle, Gibbs. Funny boy!
    He does have a look on his face like you're bothering him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chuckle at the photo of the Happy Hour group. The one fellow is in short sleeves and shorts, while a couple on the other side of the photo appear to be bundled up.
    The pup Oreo was definitely singing.
    The puzzle photo is very nice, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures of the gang having fun.
    Your heal problem could be what is called Plantar Fasciitis. It is cause by the footwear you use, not having enough Arch Support. Could be as simple as a shoe insert.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your adventures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oreo was definitely singing along. I really love when they do that. Nice group photo.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We go to Music Bingo every Friday after the egg game and it is a lot of fun, I bet you guys would all enjoy it if you like Heardle.

    ReplyDelete