Thursday, January 4, 2024

Poker Pool Fun, Sunny but Cool, New Twist on an Old Favourite

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Jan. 4th I woke up at 10 minutes to 5. Gibbs was snuggled close beside me as usual, with his little lead on my shoulder. Bill got up for a nature call but returned and the little bum never moved. 😊 I lay there and smile, things like that warm my heart for some reason. They were up again just after 6 and that’s when I woke up from a silly dream. LOL Where they come from, I don’t know, but I'm glad I have them. Especially when heavenly family and friends visit.  😍

good morning!

I didn’t get up until 7:10, washed, got dressed and came down for my tea. While Bill showered and got ready for his morning, I sat with Gibbs and played my games. After Bill left, we went for our walk around the park. It was cool again but I was dressed appropriately. As I told Patti later, I don’t mind the cold mornings much, it’s the cool afternoons that I’m not nuts about. Then again, if there is sunshine, all is good in my world!

Small group again but we still enjoy
our time together.

I went to Ladies Poker Pool early and Patti and I readied things, just chatting about this and that. Today, just 4 again, and we had a fun time. We all did much better than last Thursday when it was Barb, Patti, Sheila and I. That day, we only played 2 games in the whole time! Today, we played 6 so that is an improvement, we were all playing really well! Sheila was the pool shark today with Barb coming in at a close second. 😊

Isn't he pretty?

Bill and I had lunch and when he dozed with Gibbs, I slipped out to work on the puzzle. It was later than usual since our pool game went until 12:30 but I worked away until the wolf was done and felt I could finish what’s left tomorrow. It was almost 3:30 when I walked back home. Bill has night flying so he left around 4:30 and Gibbs and I went for our second walk of the day.

Look at that sky, at the end of the day,
still clear blue.
A few clouds appeared on the horizon but I didn't
chase after them for a sunset picture. 

My heel was bothering me today and I wonder if it was the exercises I did this morning, or because I was on my feet all morning? I took a couple of Advil before our walk and felt much better for the remainder of the evening. For supper, which I ate before he returned at 7:15, I wanted to use up some ham as well as use up some of the French bread Bill bought in Albertson’s. The crust is hard but the inside isn’t too bad.

I revived an old favourite for our meal tonight. We used to eat sub buns, buttered with cheese and cut up bacon in the oven/broiler. Well, we no longer have a regular oven and I didn’t think the convection would work so I used the French bread, cheese and ham slices in the air fryer. Wow! That worked like a charm and I enjoyed it ‘almost’ as much! I hope Bill agrees when he eats his later. 😊 What we don’t eat of the ham will get minced up for sandwiches.

They turned out better than I expected.
I know my sweetie will have his with ketchup. 😉

This has been a coolish day because of the wind but we did reach 61F/16C. That big ole Vitamin D ball makes a world of difference. I placed a couple of online orders today. One from Amazon and one from Etsy that came to me in a download. They are a few Amigurumi patterns to crochet. Should be fun! I hope you’ve enjoyed your day as well.

Gibbs had an upset tummy after our walk
and all he'd eaten today came up. 😕
Poor little guy but he bounced back and
ate his supper with a bit of tummy-settling cheese.
Then he got in position for security duty. 
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

11 comments:

  1. You being further south sure makes a difference. We had a bit of snow pellets coming down today! Not much fun being outdoors right now. I'm sure you'll finish the puzzle in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying life between walking, poker pool, and working on puzzles. It all sounds very relaxing and enjoyable. I missed the sunrise yesterday, nice pictures, but did catch the sunset. Beautiful ways to start and end the day. Cute little security guard you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take your 60F weather. It hasn't been very cold here yet, but we had snow overnight. Not unexpected, of course, but it means shoveling. Not my favorite chore.
    Just an fyi, you can find lots of free amigurumi patterns on Pinterest. I'm looking forward to see what you're making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the 60F does sound good for you, it really isn't anything to gripe about. Once i get these beginner ones done, I'll check out the free ones. Then i might know what I am doing!

      Delete
  4. Have fun crocheting those patterns. As Maebeme says, there are lots of free patterns out there, just takes a bit of searching.
    I hope your heel gets better soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wolf looks like he is real and standing on the puzzle, very 3D effect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same thought about the wolf. Jerry gets grumpy sometimes because he wants 80 degree weather. 65 and sunny is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete