Friday, January 26, 2024

Sharing is What we Do, Tyson Wells and Big Tent

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Jan. 26th we were awake by 6:30 when Bill took Gibbs out. This little pooch is so good. At 5:45 when he nudged Bill and was told ‘it’s not time yet, go back to sleep’ he crawled back to me and slept until 6:30. 😊 When they returned, Bill came back up to bed after taking some Advil for a headache. Oh no! I guess it is only fair and not a surprise that I shared this bug.

Good Friday morning

He felt better once we got up an hour later and I admit to feeling more stuffed up than I have over the last 3 days. That convinced me to stay away from the clubhouse puzzle one more day. Bill left for the field and then Gibbs and I went for our walk. What a lovely morning! The sky was clear blue and the sun was already warm on my face. When we returned, I messaged Nancy with an offer to join me for a walk.

Gibbs and I walked past Rick and Patti's 'new to them' cart

I slipped my hoody off and just wore my windbreaker over a t-shirt and that was perfect. We walked to Family Dollar and just poked through the aisles. I had a few things in mind and found a couple of them, once I remembered what they were! Nancy also found a couple of items. It was a lovely morning and great to get out in the fresh air where we can enjoy each other’s company.

Funniest thing I've ever seen in
a dollar store!
A home test kit.........what, you're acting
different so you need to test yourself for mj?

When we returned, I walked over to drop off 3 books that we’ve (Bill) finished. I’d previously read them all. I grabbed a 300-piece puzzle, against my better judgement (haha), and will put it together on the coffee table until I feel comfortable going back to work on the big one. 😊 The pieces are huge so I feel a bit silly……..but I’ll get over it. Bill was home late for lunch so I opened a can of broccoli cheddar soup for myself. He made himself a ham and cheese sandwich.

You are going out again?

We first went back to the Big Tent
and walked through the vendors there

They, my boys, went upstairs for a snooze and I finished my J.P. book. It was very good so I put it in the cupboard for Bill to read next. We left Gibbs in charge of our home and drove to the Big Tent for our second walk through. Got a parking spot easily but only because a couple walking back told us they were leaving. Perfect! The parking lot and tent were very busy which is great for the businesses and the town.

For Deb D. They even have a
Madagascar Ocotillo for sale. 

For those who have never been here,
this is an example of what the vendor tents look like at
Tyson Wells. Everything and anything.

Bill picked up some tank treatment that he saw on Saturday and I picked up more yak cheese bones for Gibbs to take back home. He loves them! Nancy found something too and then we drove to Tyson Wells for a walk around. It was also quite busy but we found a spot at the back and began at aisle Z making our way to the vendors we like. I think we all found something and Bill picked up a box of 120 grit sandpaper that M and I use on the vehicles we work on. It’s a good price. 😊

Saguaro & cholla cacti skeletons

Colourful jackets and a pretty lady
with popcorn!

We drove past this beautiful property on
W. Tyson St. on our way home.

Nancy and I picked up a ShadePro visor
for $1

Gibbs got a basket for his toys

Back home, I made my tea and Bill poured himself a Zero Coke. It has been a good day. Gibbs and I went for our walk around the park at 5 and a few light clouds had moved in. No special sunset here though. For supper, I baked chicken breasts, we had coleslaw and pie for dessert. We’re both feeling okay, but Bill is sniffling, something that didn’t affect me, although I’ve been sneezing today.

Our afternoon walk was pleasant

Supper was good and after dishes were loaded in the dishwasher, we watched an episode of Reacher together. We’ve had a good day and soon these remnants of the ‘almost’ cold symptoms will abandon us. I appreciate your concerns and best wishes. 😊

Supper was good.
Good night.

Thank you for stopping around.

6 comments:

  1. There were some good finds at the market on this day!! I sure hope Bill feels better soon. I think staying away from the clubhouse is probably a good idea. I'm now obsessed with that house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you're both over what ails you quickly. The markets look interesting but a bit overwhelming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Bill could have done without you sharing your sickness LOL. Looks like you did well with your shopping! Dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks almost as if it were plucked from a southern plantation. Although no outside staircase and no sweeping front entry. I have always loved the look of the overly tall windows and doors and their purpose.
    Hopefully you folks all stop passing the bug.
    It is amazing what one can find in a store. I would guess the test kits are a money thing…test your kids to know….test before you pee in the cup….test before you drive your car…etc.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. That house looks like a new build. Maybe a business.
    Found MJ Test Kits at Dollarama that resemble the ones used for Covid.
    Sometimes miss the hunt for finding that special item at the vendors.
    Supper looked tasty.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy the warmer temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a cold while you want to enjoy your time away from the cold Canadian winter is not fun. I just love the way Gibbs sits on a chair. So stinking cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete