Wednesday, January 31, 2024

It’s Been a Day, Clubhouse Fun and a New Experience with Friends

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Jan. 30th, we woke to another morning of clear blue skies. We could never tire of this view, when we look across the land, all around us is sunshine. We were both feeling pretty top notch. It has been a week since I first felt the touches of a cold and I’m glad to be have it out of my system. I shouldn’t complain though, because it never really amounted to much at all. Bill experienced more stuffiness in his sinuses but all in all, we’ve been lucky. 😊

Good morning!
This is the sky we had all day long. πŸ’—

Gibbs and I went for our walk after Bill left for the flying field. We’ve had a few cloudy days in January which meant more days that we weren’t relying on our solar to keep our electric charges down. However, more recently, he has been able to disconnect from the park post before he leaves so we can use our own system to provide electricity. We do pay .20¢/kw here, billed monthly and we’ve never paid more than $35. We feel that it is a pretty good deal!

I'll show you this pretty winter picture
although I had no hand in putting this puzzle together.
Sadly, one piece missing down in the corner. 

I was in the mood to start a puzzle so chose a panorama one of horses this time. It is 1000-pc and although a narrow 14”high, it is 38”long. I needed to spread it out over 2 sheets of the 28” Bristol board. I worked away until noon in between a bit of ‘tom-foolery’ at the clubhouse with a few of the ladies. We laughed, I puzzled, Patti baked, Sheila sang and we all grooved as D played on the keyboard. 😊 We had fun!

This could prove to be a challenge for us.

Bill and I had lunch at home and then I went back to the puzzle for a couple of hours. My eyes were getting heavy so I came home, sat outside for a few minutes and then came in for a bit of shut-eye. Our friends from the desert have invited us to join them for supper at the Outback Pizza & Bar. Only Tom and Deb have eaten there and the rest of us were keen on a new experience. We’ve heard good things about their pizza.

Gibbs and I got our for our walk before
we left for town.

We met at 5:30 and although a different set up completely from Silly Al’s, we all enjoyed their pizza offerings. You order, find a table around the corner at the bar area and then pick it up when it is ready. We ordered a drink each and walked out of there with no leftovers () but after having spent less $. It was much quieter in the building and we could actually hear each other talk from one end of the table to the other! That’s a huge bonus!

This is mine. A small 'Buckle' pizza.
It was good, not quite as cheesy as I like it but it was gooood!

Ain't he cute!? You decide if I mean
the box cactus or my Sweetie! πŸ˜‚πŸ’˜

It was 7 when we left for home after saying goodbye (for this trip) to Tom and Deb. We won’t see them until the fall again. They were having their Happy Hour at Roadrunner and we would have joined had they not planned the meal outing. It did save us the trip! 😊 Bill and I watched the latest episode of NCIS:Sydney and then each found our own movie to watch. Mine was called Role Play and quite action-packed although I still was tired enough to drop off and miss about 10 minutes in the middle. LOL

In a way, it was a 'last' supper together.
Kim, Keith, Ken

This was a great day and the weather reached a balmy 77F/25C. Just as we get our hopes up for it to stay though, the forecast is going to be changing again. Oh well, we take each day as it comes.

Bill, Tom, Deb
Safe travels you two!
Good night!

Thank you for your visit!

13 comments:

  1. Power in Arizona is expensive! But like you we use our solar panels, and even though we do have a fridge in the shed, we have never paid more than $35.00 ... and that was with all my Christmas lights going :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that is too bad, of course if we've done all we can to save, i don't fret over a few cents.

      Delete
  2. Hi Patsy, did you know today is national puzzle day? Long time blog reader of your adventures. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate when one puzzle piece is missing? What a lovely new puzzle to work on. Hopefully this post goes through this time. I seem to be getting a "failure to post notification" quite often.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riley and I enjoyed the Outback when we visited last year! Glad you liked it.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to find an alternate Pizza shop.
    Bill is feeling the stuffiness from the dry air. He should try a Nasal Spray to clear the problem.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill had a head cold, like me. Just experienced it differently. 😊

      Delete
  6. I really like tje horse puzzle. Have fun with it.
    The pizza definitely looks homemade. Sounds like a fun evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe a Silly Al's pizza to go would fit the bill. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pizza looks yummy! I chuckled when you said you watched "Role Play" last night. That's the movie we watched as well. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete