Wednesday, January 17, 2024

A Beauty of a Day – So, I Baked, Friends Arrive

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Jan. 17th I was wide awake at 6:30 when Bill and Gibbs got up. Gibbs was being very patient, leaning up against me, waiting for his Daddy to make the first move. 😊 I was in bed last night at 10 pm and slept very well with multiple silly dreams. LOL

Good morning!

I made my tea and as I sat in my dining chair, I opened the blind beside me. Wow! I was up and out of my chair, out of the Suite immediately. That morning sky was fabulous!! I felt quite hungry for some reason so had cereal, which I very seldom do. It hit the spot. Gibbs and I left Bill at home and went for our walk around the outside perimeter of the park.

I had to do some surgery on Stuffy's back where
the squeaker came out. I have a small baggie
of fibrefill for one of my own creations now. 
Meet 'unStuffy'.

It was a cloudy morning though and therefore, the air felt damp and cool. Bill left to go to the field, not sure who would be there to fly on this dull day. I had my agenda in place, today I was going to bake buns, banana bread and French bread. Depending on how things went, I would freeze a bit of everything. 😊 I was craving more of those delicious rolls and I thought the French bread would be a treat for us, if it turns out!

The banana bread was a nice small loaf
to share.

At 11:15, the banana bread was done and cooling and the buns and bread were under the ‘heat’ light to rise. I wanted to check on the  puzzle and see if I could a few more pieces in before lunch. I don’t think there will be the worry of getting this one done but I’m enjoying working on it. It is still challenging with so much green! I came home for lunch and finished the soup off with a piece of banana bread. It turned out pretty good! Bill liked it.

When I walked down to watch Nancy back in, 
I realized it didn't look like her at all!!
Cooper is watching me "help me!"

We noticed a Grand Design Reflection had pulled up to the office so we knew that our friend and fellow blogger, Nancy, Cooper and Jonathon had arrived. Yay! Bill walked over to see if he could be of assistance, even though John would help her get backed in to her site. She is a dear friend and likes to be close on hand just in case. In this case, the spot she was going into could be a bit of a challenge so when he offered, she accepted gratefully.

The puzzle is coming along nicely.
I worked on the right hand side and
just have the greenery at the top to finish

I walked down slowly, waiting until he had her rig backed into place. We left her to set up and then visited with her at our place for a while. 😊 It is very nice to see her again. She brought me some large oranges and Bill some Nutter Butters. You could say she knows us well. I went back to work on the puzzle and completed most of the half that I was working on and should be able to finish it tomorrow afternoon.

Gibbs and Cooper got
along great. 💗

I popped the raised buns into the convection oven and Gibbs and I went for our walk. They were almost done when we returned home and I then put both loaves of French bread in for the appropriate time. They each took about 25 minutes. I’ll do better next time with the Fb, putting it for baking sooner to prevent the top cracking like it did. One loaf will go in the freezer. Yum! Once the buns had cooled a bit, I took 3 down to Nancy with some doggied cookies for Cooper – a test run.

Today's fare turned out great.

Gifts from Nancy.
We gave her a bottle of Maple Syrup,
which brought a big smile to her face. 😍

Supper



For supper, Bill grilled sausages and we split one of my homemade buns while waiting. While they’re warm like that is the best time to eat them, right? 😊 Bill loaded the dishwasher and went up to watch a movie. When my blog is finished, I will probably find one too. Our tastes vary which is why 2 tv’s in the Suite is a bonus. This has been a good day, reaching a high of 71F/20C. 💖

Beautiful sky again.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Oh yum. A cracked crust suggests it might be crisp. That's my favorite. Well done! (I read somewhere that in France, bread is not supposed to but cut or eaten for at least 20 minutes after it's out of the oven, or at least it is illegal to sell it. Argh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I thought I'd messed it up!! Haha. Just so France Durant get upset with me, both things sat for 20 minutes before we are them. 😊

      Delete
  2. Nice that Bill was able to help Nancy back in to her tight spot.
    The Bread and Buns look tasty.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ukuleles will be at clubhouse at 2:00...just fyi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help me? Heck, I just threw him the keys after looking at the site map!!! Bill is THE MAN when it comes to backing rigs. I can't thank him enough ... well I will actually, when I have to move the rig today! LOL.

    I admit, I laughed out loud at the INDESTRUCTIBLE toy! That is just hilarious!! You GO Gibbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I need to bake buns today. Yours look so delicious, I want one. :)
    Enjoy your time with Nancy and Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying this for the third time, for some reason blogger kept telling me my post failed to post.

    Oh dear, now I want to try French Bread..... Hmmm, another recipe to try out. Wonderful that your friend has arrived, along with Gibb's friend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunrise = WOW!! Nancy and the gang arrived (Coopers little face in the truck window) just too cute!
    Then BREAD~oh my! Sunsets are my favorite~GREAT Photos!

    ReplyDelete