Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Blessed Calm Day, More Puzzling, Reunion! Two SunsetsL

Park Place RV Park (Darn laptop!!)

On Tuesday, Jan. 9th it was a lounge in bed day. When I opened the blind upstairs at 7:15, the sky was lightening up already and it was clear as a bell. 😊 The best thing of all though was that there were little to NO wind. The cold spell was upon us with the temperature sitting at 33F/.55C. Brrrr! That has been the coldest night yet and I believe there may be another one before the week is through.

Last night, I love these moments.

This morning - some frost
but beautiful sunshine

Black Beauty had a bit of frost on her windshield but it was by no means heavy, it came off with the first sweep of the wipers. After Bill disconnected us from power, we are at least benefitting from the sun’s rays, he left for the field. I finished my morning tea and Gibbs and I bundled, he in his sweater, me in my warm coat, and went for our walk. It had warmed up considerably (well, about 8 degrees) by 9 when we left.

A couple of selfies on my walk


The lesson here?
"Never Give Up"

Not sure if you can see the quail in the bottom photo
but they are all getting ready to run across the road.
Follow the leader! (they made it)

I dropped him off at home and continued on with my own walk. It felt great! I was getting a good dose of steps in today, compared to my norm. 😊 I took the time to snap a couple of selfies before returning home. I made a coffee and went over to work on the puzzle until noon hour. Bill and I had minced ham sandwiches for lunch and then drove down Main St. to Ken’s Grocery Tent. They carry a few things we like at very good prices so we picked those up.

Making some headway

The $1 Tent behind him, has the best deal in town for certain items too so just check the expiry dates but check them out. We needed some small coiled booklets for notes and ‘stuff’ so for a real steal, I bought 6. We shouldn’t run out again for a while. We also stopped at the sign ‘kiosk’ at the corner of I95 and Main but they were gone for lunch so we’ll go back.

Back home, the boys dozed and I went back to the puzzle for an hour. 3 of our friends, who were camped the other side of Yuma, in California, had arrived at Roadrunner BLM this morning. Time for a group Happy Hour! 

We found the group easily enough.
Oreo in the doorway to see who's coming

We left home around 3 and found them easily enough. Hugs all around with Kim, Ken and Keith. Oh, and pets for Oreo too. It was a nice couple of hours rehashing old and new things, but mostly just being together. As Kim said, it seems like a long time!

Patsy, Bill, Gibbs, Keith, Ken, Kim

Keith showed Bill and I his quaint little, perfect for him, home for a couple of months. He has made it really nice but especially with that rug! 😊 We got a selfie, watched the sun drop behind the mountains (La Paz ?) and headed home around 5:30. Supper was not going to be chicken legs as planned, it was too late to start a meal like that.

Oreo enjoys the sun too

Before we left, Keith and I captured the sunset
at their campsite

We were hungry now. That meant warming up the last of the meatloaf after all (I was going to skip a night), eating the last of the coleslaw and cooking a veggie. All was fine, it was worth it to have a reunion with friends. The sunset tonight was one of those ‘knock me down, blow me away’ ones again but I tried not to go overboard. Hahahaha. After loading the dishwasher, Bill went to watch a movie while I wrote this.

As we drove away, towards the south
Bill and I captured another sunset (haha)
where the mountains were lower.

It has been a great day even though we only made it to 56F/12C. If you got ‘weather’ where you are, I hope you are warm, safe and healthy.

And then this. It was no surprise,
we knew with those clouds that it would
be another spectacular sky.
Good night!

My laptop was very slow last night so by 8 pm, I shut it down and watched another good movie. 7 Days in Utopia with Robert Duvall and Lucas Black. Watch it! 😃

Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. We enjoyed your visit… we are happy to be back at Roadrunner 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to meet with old friends. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great visit was had. That's an interesting trailer your friend Keith is using. Not many windows.
    Even that low temp sounds good to me. At the moment it is -21C with a windchill of -34C. Thankfully it is only supposed to last through the weekend, then we'll be back to more normal winter temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it originally was just a cargo trailer but has been revamped into one with living space. Shower, toilet, kitchen, closet, storage, sofa bed and room for Oreo too! :)

      Delete