Wednesday, January 3, 2024

The Weather Takes Another Turn

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Jan. 3rd, we woke up on hump day to a cloudy, cool morning. When Bill dons his long sleeve hooded sweatshirt to go flying, you know it is cool. It was actually 37F/2.8C. I slept in (well, stayed in the warm bed) until 7:15 and then joined him downstairs. He left for the field between 8 - 8:30 and Gibbs and I went out for our walk soon after.

At 7:15, when we opened the blinds,
I saw this.

Even when the clouds are heavy looking
and full, they make for great photos.
This was an hour later on our walk.

It was a long sleeve and down jacket walk and that kept me comfortably warm. When we returned, I’d, by then, talked myself into going for my own walk. While walking, I texted my sister a voice message asking about the exercises she might recommend for this Achilles heel/tendon. After my walk around the residential neighbourhood, I made a coffee and went to the clubhouse.

Walking behind the residential homes,
they are also grateful for the 'washes' when it rains heavily.
On each side of the road, you can see where the water flows.

East and across the road from the homes, the 
Saguaros stand guard until they can't anymore.
Healthy at the top, not so much at the base.

This was the walk I took myself around 9:30.
Gibbs and I didn't get out after lunch.
It was cold, windy and rainy until 5:30.

The puzzle wasn’t getting done by itself! It didn’t seem like I made much progress by noon when I returned home. Bill and I had Pillsbury cinnamon buns for lunch an then I went back over. It was feeling cold outside but very warm inside so I was working in a sleeveless top for the afternoon. 😊 By 3:15, I’d made enough of an addition to the puzzle that I came home to Bill and Gibbs.

Bill and I drove to the mail depot
and they are almost finished with the reconstruction of the
camel site. 

It isn't a very big building, but Heather and Don
have made it a great little business.
We were the only ones there at 10:30
but I'm sure it didn't last long.
It gave us a chance to chat with Heather. 😃

Lunch and the puzzle when I left.
The wolf is finally taking shape. 

It had just started to rain and the winds had picked up. Brrr. It felt quite chilly so we turned our blue flame heater on and stretched out in our chairs with a cup of tea. We read, dozed and then at 5:30, I put the ham and potatoes in Madame IP to a reheat. Bill had mixed veggies and I had Brussel sprouts along with it. It was good, second time around too.

Still good the second day.
The ham might have been a bit overcooked on Monday
but still very good.

After clean up, I finished my blog, Bill went up to watch one of his movies and I watched one of mine downstairs. Our weather is cooling off even more for the next week but we'll survive. No frost warnings and no snow. This was a pretty normal day and I managed to get really close to my step goal today. 😊


Arizona never lets us down.
Bottom right picture made me laugh. It is the only one
facing southeast and our Suite looks a bit wonky!
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

8 comments:

  1. Was hoping you had your camera ready yesterday! Beautiful morning and evening photos.
    Guess I'll buy some sliced ham! Keep warm this coming week. brrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that temperature is what we had here over Christmas. Love your photos and the puzzle is coming right along. Stay warm and hopefully the weather improves once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the weather will improve, i just don't know when! Haha

      Delete
  3. For heaven's sakes, doesn't the weather know you're supposed to be warm in the south? It's cooled down here and we're expecting cold (-20C) in the overnight by the weekend.
    The sunrise photos are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading Quartzsite Chatter. The good folks of Quartzsite are wonderful weather reporters. It gave us time to put the outside items away before it rained here.

    ReplyDelete