Sunday, January 28, 2024

Laundry Day, Hanging Around

Park Place RV Park

On Sunday, Jan. 28th we took this day as it came, with only laundry on the agenda. We were awake around 6:30. Bill took Gibbs out, took some Advil and crawled back into bed. He was not feeling great with a headache from this cold. I felt pretty good although I know I coughed a few times through the night. Even with my Vicks and socked feet.

When I first carried the basket of laundry
over, this was the sky all around us.
I had to set the basket down so I wouldn't miss it.

I got up at 7, sorted clothes at the foot of the bed while he stayed covered up. As I slipped out the door, Gibbs didn’t know where he wanted to be – watching Mom leave or staying with Dad. The laundry room was empty, so I loaded two machines and left again. When I returned, the bed was made and Bill was getting up. The Advil was helping so he left for the flying field to meet Keith and other flying friends.

When I went back out to swap clothes from
washers to dryers, it was perfect timing 
and I captured the sunrise. ♥
Later, walking back for the dry clothes,
the clouds had shifted giving another nice photo.

Gibbs and I went for our walk after my tea and then it was so lovely out with the sun beating its way through the wispy clouds that we sat outside in my chair. 😊 It felt great, however, the temperature didn’t feel like 71F/20C as forecasted. Oh well, we enjoyed sitting out together and Nancy joined us for a chat too. I’m enjoying the book I’m reading; it is about the ladies hired to help in WWII, taking on dangerous jobs.

After our walk, Gibbs and I just stayed outside
until Bill came home at noon. It was lovely and only 55F/13C

Bill came home for lunch and then went to get propane for both the Suite and the barbecue. He ran out last night while grilling our burgers, of course. It was time to get the 20lb tank either re-certified or replaced so Bill bought a new one. I didn’t know what to get into today, not ready yet to sit and work on the puzzle so I sat outside again with Gibbs until cool air returned. Bill was working on the tonneau cover (I won’t begin to explain what he’s fixing) and charging batteries.

Gibb's yak cheese bones
With a wee chunk left,
after the treatment, he can crunch it like a potato chip!

I removed my orange nail polish and took the time to repaint while drinking my tea. Gibbs and I got our afternoon walk in around 4:30. He has eaten his first yak cheese treat down to a small 1” piece, which is the point where we would take it away so he doesn’t choke on it. However, the owner gave me instructions what to do so he can finish it safely. Soak in water for 5 minutes, microwave for a minute or less and once cooled, give Gibbs the ‘cheese puff’! 😊 He loved it and gobbled it up.

Bill worked outside
and
I worked inside. 😁

Madame IP boiled some eggs for egg salad sandwiches now that the ham slices are gone and I started supper. She also cooked our rice with mixed vegetables and then I steamed the leftover pork slices and chicken piece from last night. It was a tasty supper. We had the last two skinny pieces of peanut butter pie for dessert. The sky was gorgeous tonight but we were in the middle of eating when it was at its best so I left the pictures up to others.

The sky when we went for our afternoon walk.
Get your cameras ready!

Supper was good! With a few slices of
French bread from the freezer too!

We loaded the dishwasher and settled in for the evening. Bill is quite stuffed up but I feel good enough to participate in poker pool in the morning. I miss it. 😊 This was a quiet Sunday and we have clean clothes for another week. I chatted back and forth with our Buddies back home, still missing their presence. I hope your day was a good one too.

This was only the beginning.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

8 comments:

  1. The skies are lovely, both morning and evening. I can see why you enjoy being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink !! In the morning and evening~WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have a laundromat in the park. I have to drive into town to do the chore. However, they have wonderful machines to choose from. The sunsets here in Arizona are special for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad i don't have to drive anywhere to do laundry. I do that at home. 🤣

      Delete
  4. What a lovely day. So nice that you can walk to the laundromat.

    Today we reached 7C and tomorrow is supposed to go up to 10C. Things are warming up for a bit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete