Friday, January 12, 2024

There’s a Change a’ comin’, Heavenly Birthday

Park Place RV Park

Today, Friday, Jan. 12th it was a c-c-cold start to the day. The last one for a long time. 😊 There are changes coming to our weather patterns here and we will finally be seeing the temperatures we came down for. Overnight and first thing this morning it was 32F/0C. Gibbs wore his coat and I bundled up, even wearing one of my homemade scarves!

A lovely morning for an extended walk

BUT! The sun was shining and incredibly warm already at 8:30 when we headed out. Bill had left for the field a few minutes before us, dressed appropriately in layers. By the time we got back home, 15 minutes later, I knew I had to go back out and enjoy this morning. I don’t walk long, hard or fast, but I do enjoy the steady pace, the fresh air and scenery. When I returned, it was 42F/5C and my coat was undone. 😊

The Women's Rubber Tramp Rendevous(RTR)started
yesterday at the Quartzsite Town Park.
Women (solo) only Jan. 11 - 13
RTR - Jan. 14 - 19
This is a unique gathering for those travelers who find their home on the road.

I made a coffee and walked over to the clubhouse to work on the puzzle. It was done by 11:30 so Patti and I took our pictures of it and I left it for Bill to see when he got home. Since he gifted it to me, I wanted him to see the real thing, not just a picture. It’s beautiful and if I had a wall for it, I would save it. However, with this lifestyle, that won’t be happening – anytime soon, I hope. I’m in no hurry for it to stop.

I worked on and finished the puzzle
this morning.
It was very unique with curved and odd shaped pieces.

We had lunch together, today, I made myself a veggie quesadilla with bacon added in. Yum, I do enjoy them. Bill and Keith had planned to return to the field this afternoon since the wind was down and it would be a great afternoon to spend flying their planes. I had no puzzle to work on so thought I might attack a project with the bulky yarn I bought at the yard sale.

Gibbs sleeps behind me while I sort
out the yarn mess.
Two hours later!

I had offered the lady (at the sale) $1 for the bag marked $2. In it was one loosely bound ball of blended blue wool and 2 plain blue, loosely bound balls. She ummed and ahhed, telling me it was worth $2 and I pushed with “so, the answer is no?” Whether it is worth the price she was asking is beside the point. I knew what I wanted to pay. She said “yes”.

Gibbs and I enjoyed the afternoon walk too

In one way, I had buyers regret, what’s an extra $1 to me? Today, after spending 2 hours unravelling and rewinding them, I’m happy I didn’t pay more! I’m a wheeler-dealer, cheapskate when it comes to yard sales and am always prepared to walk away OR to increase my offer when necessary. Anyway, the balls are now rebound and I’ll eventually see what I can do with them. πŸ˜‰

He 'waits' while I take my pictures
Bless his little heart. ♥

Bill was home by 3:30 and went to get propane and water before puttering outside. I started on the crochet kit that I bought last winter at Hobby Lobby rather than one of the new downloads for amigurumis. I’d made the cow for Krystal’s shower, essentially for Baby Alexander. Once I get warmed up, and get it finished, I’ll work on something else.

Bill and I took pictures of the sky tonight.
Red sky at night...............our delight!
this is looking east.

At 5, Gibbs and I did our walk and I noticed the clouds that had moved in, to the west, especially. Bill grilled pork chops, I fried potatoes and cooked vegetables for our supper. That was in between the two of us snapping pictures of the impending sunset.

and the west sky after the sun drops
behind the mountains

The after effect is bound to be gorgeous when clouds are involved. Should I feel guilty, running out in my t-shirt, taking pictures of such glory when back home, they are getting a snow storm? Well, not guilty but sad for them, especially when they lose hydro/electric power because of it. 

Kapow! Gorgeous!

Our weather reached a mild 59F/15C under calm sunny skies. Tonight, we’ll drop to 37F/2.7C, and then we’re on the rise for the days, weeks and months to come. Finally! 😊 We cleaned up after dishes and did our thing. Blog, tv, crocheting, whatever came to mind. This has been a nice quiet day.

A nice meal. Just the right amount of
pork chop (not my fav) for me.  Bill got the big one.

Today, would have been my ‘older’ brother’s 71st birthday. I say older because when he passed at 58, I suddenly became his older sister. Happy Heavenly Birthday, Bruce. You are missed dearly by family and friends.

I love this picture of you, Bruce.
You were smiling at ME πŸ’–

Good night y'all!

Thank you for the visit. Your comments are always appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. A very nice photo of your brother. And nice photos also of the sky etc. We are expecting at or below zero temps for 4 or 5 nights and highs in the single digits here in the Okla. Panhandle. I've gotta get me a rig and hit the road.
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture of your brother with a great memory attached. Tonight's sunset was beautiful. I feel sad for family and friends back in the snow storm, also. While at the same time glad we are not in that weather anymore. Pretty puzzle.
    Deb and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your brother is smiling down on you!! I'm hoping the warm keeps up! Otherwise I'm going to need a lot more propane!! You have more patience than I when it comes to yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sky pictures! Great picture of your brother, gone way too soon. Fingers crossed for your warming temps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sky photos! Happy angelversary to your brother.
    That's the kind of winter I'd like to have, just a few days long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful picture of your brother! My sunset was overcast.....yours is GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your brother.

    The puzzle is gorgeous and I don't blame you for wanting Bill to see the real thing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would be nice to hang the puzzle in the bunkie back on The Ridge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picture of Bruce. He has Daddy's smile.πŸ₯° We are getting some winter weather now here but it has been pretty good so far and already middle of January! Spring is just around the corner.
    Your sister the eternal optimist.πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete