Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Here Comes the Rain – Again

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Jan. 22nd, it was expected that we would get more rain, for most of the day. Our first few years coming down to Arizona were dry, we rarely saw any precipitation and if we did it lasted a few minutes and that was it. The locals were crying for it and the Saguaros stored up anything they could get. 😊  So, this is different for us. However, it is what it is and we accept it along with the varying temps.

Good morning!

It was a cloudy morning with no change expected all day so Bill opted to stay home this morning with Gibbs. Gibbs and I went for our walk and at 9:10, Nancy and I walked over for our game. 

But it didn't last

Today, it was a full house with 8 ladies playing. Barb and I brought up the bottom two so we can pretend that high numbers win! Home for lunch and then with the threat of rain even heavier, I walked over to the clubhouse to work on the puzzle that Susan started.



You've heard of Men with Brooms?
This is Ladies with Sticks. More dangerous! 😂

Another pretty picture and this one, so far, seems much easier than the last. 😊 With an invite to join our Roadrunner friends’ group at Silly Al’s tonight (yay!) I returned home around 2:45. Yeuch, wet and rainy leaving a dampness inside and out. Because they weren’t leaving until 5:15, I decided to have my cup of tea around 3:30. It would take the chill off. We left the park with Nancy around 5 pm to try and get us a parking spot for Black Beauty.

So far, easier than the last one.

The way the clouds hung over the
mountains was still pretty
Notice the rain puddles?

It had pretty much stopped raining by then and after waiting for about 5 minutes, we snagged a spot in the lot. It is small and always jammed full. You just have to be patient. 

Waiting in line to gain entry.
Hard to find seating for 9 so they ended up putting
two tables together.

We got in line after leaving our name on the list for a table for 9. The line was outside so we watched for our friends to arrive which they did tout suite. It was about an hour wait but I felt pretty good waiting, I had my tea that seems to keep me content until 6 or 6:30.

The placewas packed and in far back
corner, more lined up to come in.

They found us a table (well, two put together) as they always do and even though we had to wait for a long time for our drinks and pizzas, it was worth it. I enjoyed the company, my margarita and food. We left by 7:30 and went our separate ways after saying goodbye, especially to Sara(h), who will be flying home on Wednesday. It was a pleasure meeting her for the brief time we saw her. 😊


Look at those hungry faces! 😁
L to R: Nancy, Ken, Kim, Sara(h), Tom, Deb, Keith, Bill

My meal.
That was a strong but delicious margarita on the rocks
and the pizza never disappoints.

This was a fun day and dinner with friends. We will spend the evening with our books rather than watching tv. I can feel the alcohol in my system so I know I’ll probably be in bed at a good time tonight.

the view while waiting outside Silly Al's
Good night!

Thank you for the visit!

10 comments:

  1. It rained here until just before sunset. Cooler this morning with ground fog rolling in. The sunset last night was beautiful here.
    That’s a big table in such a busy place!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've had enough rain, right?
      We got lucky and he pulled two tables together for us in that same corner, :)

      Delete
  2. We got a tiny dusting of snow last night, but the temperature is rising and that is a very good thing for this time of year and after the cold we had quite welcome.

    The pizza looks yummy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, it is a turn around for you folks. Although February never looks too promising for our home base - from what I recall.

      Delete
  3. I'd take the rain over snow any day. I always say I don't melt, I just wish I would.
    A rainy day sounds like a great one to spend an evening enjoying time with friends and good food. That margarita looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about melting, I could go with a few less pounds!
      No thought that a rainy day would keep people home, ha ha, no chance!

      Delete
  4. That drink and pizza look mighty tasty!! Sunrise pics are terrific! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure make a good choice in this weather with indoor activities and pizza for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we're glad to have a clubhouse for a variety of things to do if we want to get out of the house.

      Delete