Friday, January 19, 2024

Short and Sweet – Well, I’ll Try!

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Jan. 19th I was up by 7 only because I was pretty much slept out. 😊 Last night,  I ended up watching CSI, a rerun, but it entertained me in between my eyes drooping. I was so tired and was in bed and fast asleep by a few minutes after 10. This morning, there was a spectacular sky to take pictures of and it appeared as if we were going to have a mostly cloudy day.

Good morning!

I took Gibbs for his/our walk and Bill was just pulling out of the park when we were stopping to say good morning to Gerald. I messaged Nancy about walking up to Family Dollar and soon we headed off. She was looking for a couple of things and we needed creamer. We felt a coolness, or dampness, in the air so wore heavier coats than we should have. Oh well, we were happy to be home and get them off! 😊

Cloudy sky after sunrise

There was nothing special going on today, but I did walk over and work on the puzzle for a while before lunch. It was a tough one, Susan and I had a few choice words for it. The greenery at the side and top were especially frustrating but after lunch, while the Pokeno gang played with pennies, I managed to get it finished. Phew! Back home, Bill had gone back to the field to meet Keith so I got out my crochet kit. I managed to get an arm finished and I was feeling tired – again!

Gibbs is waiting for his treat after
I say "Can you look after the house?"

We had a visit and chat with Nancy and then I stretched out with Gibbs in my recliner until Bill come home. 

Finished!

We went for our walk; I had my tea and that was pretty much it for us! For supper, we had fish and chips and then a quick chit chat with Nancy before calling it a night. We have a busy morning tomorrow so after supper and getting my blog done, I had my shower.

The sky to the west almost looked like it did
this morning except this time the sun is going down, down, down.

I had more fries tonight than usual and
oh, they were so good!

Before ending this, I have to mention that our ‘soon-to-be’ son-in-law is having a birthday today. Of course, my daughter is making sure it is a special one - she made him a chocolate cake shaped like a guitar.  

Happy Birthday, Chris!

This was a good, quiet day.

I'll bet it was good too!!
Good night!


Thank you for the visit!

7 comments:

  1. You are truly making us jealous with all the warm temperatures you are having,
    Cute Cake.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHH CAKE!!! What a cute idea. It was a good day. Today should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cake and very creative of your daughter. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cake! Happy Birthday Chris! Sounds like a very good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job on that cake. Your daughter did a wonderful job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cake and such a slow and enjoyable day you had. Love your new header picture.

    ReplyDelete