Monday, January 1, 2024

New Year’s Day – 2024

Park Place RV Park

We welcomed the new year in last night at 10 pm MT here in Quartzsite, but watched the ball drop way back there in EST at Times Square in New York. First, we watched the last 2 episodes of Reacher, poured ourselves a drink and got chips and cheddar out for a snack.

Drinks, snacks, Reacher ♥, Ball drop

We tuned into the station with 15 minutes to the hour, thank goodness as we sure don’t enjoy the entertainment anymore. Gone are the days when Dick Clark was around and had entertainers we actually knew and loved. Oh well, 2024 came in all the same and we toasted, kissed and within 20 minutes, I was headed to bed. I’ve never been good at staying up until midnight unless we are at a party somewhere.

When I got up, I ran out in my slippers
to capture it. Beautiful. Happy New Year!!

So, this morning, Gibbs had Bill up shortly after 6 and I followed around 7:30. I know Bill dropped off downstairs again, we could hear him upstairs. I got washed, dressed, had my tea and then walked Gibbs. Bill left for the field soon after. It was a cool morning again; we are getting used to it but we are still sad that we wouldn’t see much sun today – according to the forecast.

I'm sure he's thinking of his NY resolutions.
"Sleep more and don't take my eyes off my parents"
He misses NOTHING!

At 9:15, I went to join the ladies for Poker pool and there were, once more, only 4 of us. Patti, Dora, Sheila and myself were eager beavers on the first day of the year. We had fun and, at Dora’s suggestion, wore our sparkly ball caps to celebrate! A bunch of goofies, we are. 😊 Gerald honoured us by taking pictures on our phones.

And if you can't be goofy with your friends.......who then? πŸ’–
I love these gals!

Bill and I had our lunch together and when he went for his snooze with Gibbs, I slipped over to the clubhouse. I have a puzzle to get to work on! Dora and Sheila decided to work on the other puzzle since no one was returning to it. Why not? I was just pleased to see them ‘join’ in. They did good and got the border finished today. I accomplished a few pieces, it is a tough one, before returning home around 4.

I couldn't believe it when Dora and Sheila
sat down to work on the abandoned puzzle. ♥
The one I'm working on is coming along slowly.

For supper, we planned a nice meal. Boneless spiral ham, potatoes and a vegetable. I reheated the ham in Madame IP and did the potatoes in there as well. A good meal but prepared as simply as possible. 😊 Did I say ‘good’? It was wonderful! Gibbs even got spoiled with a bit of the ham broth on his hard kibble. Yes, it was gobbled up tout suite!

It was yummy and leftovers!

We cleaned dishes up and spent the evening together, as usual. Remember the other night I had forgotten the name of one movie that I watched? It was called The Runaway Jury from the fictional book by John Grisham. Basically, about hacking into the jury pool system. It was very good! I don’t know what I’ll be watching tonight. 😊

during our afternoon walk,
Gibbs and I caught tonight's sunset
from both the NE & SW corners of the park

Gibbs was very patient with me
while I watched it drop.

Top picture of the east view - what interesting clouds
and those pink mountains are breathtaking!
It's when I'd love to hike them BUT get down quick, 
it would be dark soon.
Bottom picture looks west again and I knew it got better
but I couldn't keep running out during meal prep.
That's a wrap so 
Good night!

This was another great day. Thank you for the visit. Enjoy the startup of 2024!

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you guys. Hope 2024 is a great one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you are not getting much sun. We ended up getting snow here for an hour or so. Came down pretty thickly as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice day and a great dinner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you, once in a while I pull through with a decent meal. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy 2024! Pictures are wonderful.....again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even make it that late in the evening, I was in bed by 9:30. Though I did wake up briefly about 12:30. :)
    Nice shots of the morning and evening sky. Gibbs has the right idea with his resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, we know we're getting old when we celebrate in our dreams, right? ♥

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you are all enjoying this New Year. Stay Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete