Thursday, January 18, 2024

Warmer Still, Poker Pool, Friends, Flying

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Jan. 18th we had a busy day from beginning to end. All good things and that is a good thing in itself. 😊 We were up and into our normal routine by 6:30. I had another good sleep so didn’t waste time in bed. Gibbs and I went for our walk after my tea and when we returned, Bill had left for the flying field. It was a lovely morning, no clouds in the sky and hardly a bit of wind.

Good day!

I walked over to the clubhouse with Nancy at 9:10 and there were 7 of us playing today. Around 11:30, Nancy left and moved her rig closer. Now we can just walk across the lot to visit! Bill and I had lunch and then I sat outside for a short bit when he tried to have a catnap. 😊 We had planned to go out to have an early Happy Hours with our friends at Roadrunner blm now that Nancy has arrived. We left Gibbs at home again and left around 2 in Black Beauty.

I was excited to receive my new
'long-awaited-for' glasses today.
First time I've had transitions.
From Zenni - such a great price and I love them!

Gibbs and I sat outside while Daddy/Bill
had his catnap.

It was a beautiful hot afternoon, 72F/20C, and I was happy to get back into a strappy summer top for a change. We had a nice visit with Keith, Ken, Kim, Tom, Deb and of course, Nancy. It was around 4 when we headed back home. We had evening plans for night flying so that will explain our earlier visit. It is hard to plan a meal around Thursday night’s flying so I decided we’d just have ham sandwiches after we returned home.

The gang is all together again.
Bill, my chair, Keith, Nancy, Deb, Kim, Ken, Tom

Bill left at 5 and after I took Gibbs for his walk, that’s 4 today!, Nancy and I drove out in her truck at 6. The air cools down quickly so even though it was still 65F/18C, we needed to put our jackets on. Nancy took what I’m sure are great pictures of the night flyers but my phone just wasn’t capturing the planes well at all. You can check out her blog over the next couple of days for those pictures here.

Nancy and I drove out to watch
the night flying. 


Close up, I could get Bill's plane.

But from a distance, they are just
a white dot.
Four of them flying at the same time.
U.F.O.'s? 😂

This was a good day. I didn’t have time to even touch the puzzle so will see if it is still available to work on in the morning. 😊 I hope your day was a good one. Hey Casey! Nice to hear from you tonight!


The French bread slices are so small,
we called them ham cutters. ♥
Good night!

Thank you all for stopping around.

12 comments:

  1. You guys had a great day with your get together and night flying. Just like old times it seems. Hopefully the weather will stay so warm for the duration of the big tent event. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looks like a Good Day was had by all.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmer weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a wonderful day. I could still tell the white dots (as you call them) were the planes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That night flying was pretty awesome! It just amazes me how those guys can control the planes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice big circle for happy hour! I’m happy to hear everyone is having a good time.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a full and fun day! I love the colors in your new glasses, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete