Saturday, January 6, 2024

Saturday Coming and Going Down

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Jan. 6th we were all up 7. The boys were up around 6:30 and I brought up the rear. It was turning into a typical week of cool mornings. We are grateful for the blue skies and minimal winds when we get them. Today, it was 37F/2.7C when we got up. Bill left for the field around his normal time and Gibbs and I went for our walk soon after.

Gibbs poses in his sweater
The morning sun
One of the large sites at the Arizona Sun Village park

Gibbs wore his little sweater and since I could see my breath, I was glad to have put it on him. I was in long sleeves and my down-filled jacket. We were warm; he likes his sweaters. When we returned, I changed jackets and wore my puffy vest instead, knowing that it would be warming up soon. I wore my fanny pack with a bit of cash in my wallet. Just in case. 😊

The Arizona Sun Village behind us was having a 2-day yard sale with numerous residents participating at their sites. Most are park models and large sites but you buy in rather than rent. I entered just before 9 and met Jocelyn, who had posted the event on Quartzsite Chatter, a FB group/feed. She is from Alberta and asked me to stop by and say hi. So, that was my first stop.

Facing that sun, it was dozing weather. 


Gibbs also likes the sun on his face for a while

I carried on around to the 11 sites with items out for sale but didn’t find much of what I was interested in. I did pick up some chunky wool (for my new to me project), a wallet and a puzzle. Spending only $1.60 at yard sales is way beneath my normal expenditures but I was happy all the same. No, it isn’t a resolution nor is it a new leaf that I’m turning over. Wink wink. 😉

Doggie biscuits for Gibbs
He approves and is hoping for a second one!

The sun was incredibly warm by 10 so I went out to the gazebo to do a bit of painting. It was very comfortable in there and although I slipped Gibbs’ sweater off and offered for him to join me, he stayed up on the back of my recliner. I didn’t paint a lot but enjoyed the hour I was out there before coming in to make a coffee at 10:30. This time, the little bum came out and sat with me in the sun.

When it was time for our walk,
the clouds were preparing for God's painting

Bill grilled the sausages and popped the gazebo
down after reading that it could get windy overnight.

Crazy that down here 51F/11C is warm enough to sit with a tank top but at home, it would be too cold. The sun is THAT warm here. We stayed out until Bill got back just before lunch and then came in to eat. 😊 We sat out again while my pilot worked away and then came in so I could try a recipe for dog biscuits. Hmm, it didn’t turn out quite as easy as ‘they’ said but after they baked, they passed the taste test with flying colours! Good, now we’ll wait and see if there is any change in ‘certain’ things.

So it begins.
I was in and out of the Suite about 5 times.
Then I walked out of the park to the next street

Looking towards the southeast, *sigh*

Bill went up to watch a movie aka snooze and I had my tea downstairs. We’re having grilled sausages for supper so Gibbs and I slipped out around 4:30 for our walk. The clouds had moved over by 3:30, if not sooner, and that should make for a bit warmer evening. Checking the forecast, it’s true. Only dropping to 47F/8C overnight, bringing some early morning rain at the same time.

At the corner, I just stood there.
Every 30 seconds, there was a different picture

I touched nothing on my camera or my laptop
but the colours changed.

This was another peaceful, relaxing day with a stunning, more than stunning sunset. We aren’t too far from show time here in Quartzsite and the town is buzzing in many ways. Everything gets crazy busy over the next few weeks and a whole lot of patience is required when you go anywhere downtown. We’re used to it by now and still enjoy it.

I thought this was my last one, just before I came inside but....

Before closing the last blind inside,
the colour changed again so I went back out
The top picture is facing east and the result of the
sunset in the west. 💗💗💗💗
And then, within 3 minutes, it was black. 
Thank you God for that beauty.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

12 comments:

  1. That morning sunrise pic was a bright one! Love the sunset pictures ~ ALL OF THEM!!
    I don't even know how to enhance them - no need to! Just perfect. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking out one last time so you didn't miss those last three shots.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the weather gets even warmer for you. Seeing your breath in the morning makes it sound like you are still up north. Love the looks of the dog biscuits.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, us too!
      I know! I have only seen my breath 2 mornings here and it isn't for very long. Thank goodness!
      The biscuits turned out not bad but quite messy with coconut flour instead of wheat flour.

      Delete
  4. Yesterday's blog you commented you had tuna sandwich for lunch. Haven't had one in ages so yesterday Ken and I had tuna sandwiches, so simple and yet so yummy! :) Your pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how simple statements influence others! Glad you enjoyed yours. 😉

      Delete
  5. It's nice to be regaled with a fabulous sunset when you've been freezing most of the day. I better throw in a few more blankets for me!! Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was quite nice, it's our American friends here who freeze! Haha

      Delete
  6. What glorious sunsets and colors! What kind of recipe for the dog cookies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful!
      The dog cookies are wheat flour and baby food. I didn't have wheat flour so used coconut flour and an egg instead. It didn't roll well but he loves them.

      Delete