Saturday, January 27, 2024

Scrappy Cold but Otherwise, A Wonderful Day!

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Jan. 27th we felt kind of ‘scrappy’ when we first woke. No other word to describe it. Bill was sniffling and when they came back inside at 6:30, my voice was a mere crackle – for a few minutes. Lucky Bill, a silent wife! 😊 I took a capsule of cold remedy and went back to bed for another 45 minutes. Bill settled himself at the laptop and did our banking.

Good morning, another clear day!

Government pensions back home were in our accounts with a bonus raise. Yay! We never begrudge taking money from the government. He finished up by transferring some $$ to our US account and then left for the flying field. Gibbs and I slipped out for a nice refreshing walk after my tea was finished. First things first, you know. We met up with Nancy and Cooper, we’ll miss doing that, and walked back to our rigs together.

Look at these little munchkins.
Left: Coopers little nose appears to be high in the air
Top right: Are you following me, Gibbs?
Bottom right: Let's play!

Nancy and I then went to the residential area to the east for another bit of a walk. I was certainly feeling better than when I first got up, but still a bit sneezy. The first thing on my agenda was to stitch the doggy’s head on his body.

Our walk through the neighbourhood
Top house is on two lots. Room for an rv and multiple cars
We love the colours in the bottom photo and a healthy
cactus garden at the senior's apartments

I wasn’t looking forward to doing this, it was just not going to work out right, I knew it. But, I did it and then thankfully was able to tie his scarf around his neck to hide the mess. Ha ha. Not necessarily does he look like a dog, the ears didn’t turn out right but he is done and according to my dear friend, Nancy, ‘as cute as can be’.

Even Gibbs is trying to figure it out.
Um, actually he's likely recognizing the smell of fibrefill
from Stuffy.

My sister and niece entered a puzzle contest back home this afternoon. Two entrants had 2 hours to work on a 500-pc. puzzle with 10 other partners. The one with the least pieces (or a finished puzzle) at the end won a prize. It intrigued me with this 300-pc one that I brought home. I timed myself. It was more of a challenge than I’m used to because the pieces remained in the box lid while I worked on the border – and so on. It took me 2 ½ hours so not too bad. 😊

Not so childish afterall. It was a time challenge for me
with very odd shaped pieces. Fun!
Our coffee table lifts so I could sit on my dining chair to do it.

Bill and I had our lunch and he went up for a snooze with Gibbs. I took my book outside, a new one called The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff, and soaked up some sun while it lasted on our patio. Nancy and I walked over around 3:30 to check out the park and surrounding area’s talent at the Music Jam. We stayed for a whole set so she could hear each ‘talent’ before we came home.

Music Jam
You can hardly see Mary Jo's head over the book on
the keyboard. She is very good.

Pretty evening sky on our walk.

MaryJo on the keyboard came out far and ahead, both our opinions. Check out Nancy’s blog in the morning for a sample. 

When you are colour co-ordinated with our couch,
you get your photo taken. πŸ˜‚

She is leaving the park on Monday for almost a month so we invited her over for one of Bill’s bacon cheeseburgers for supper. She provided sun chips and caramel popcorn and I provided some Barefoot wine. It was delicious and we are all stuffed!

Supper with Nancy.
A simple but tasty meal.

This afternoon, I used the bread machine to knead a loaf and it rose to perfection in the heat of our counter lights. After supper, I popped it in the oven so Bill has bread for sandwiches tomorrow. Yum! Half of it will go in the freezer too. This has been a lovely day reaching a high of 68F/20C and warmer still tomorrow. Bring it on!

After rising and after baking.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in for a peek.

9 comments:

  1. Love the couch cover and Nancy does blend in quite nicely! Like the quilt folded up there also!
    Burgers look good and the bread I bet smells wonderful. :)
    Nice walking with "the kids" and looking at houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon the colds will be gone, and the weather will be just the way you like.
    Can smell that fresh bread all the way here and the burger looks delicious.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very fast at jigsaw puzzles. It likely takes me a couple of hours just to put the edge pieces together. In fact, I'm still fussing with the one I have started. They look like they fit, but I've had to move several pieces around.
    Hope those colds disappear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you ditch the cold bugs soon. We've been sickness free for a long time....touch wood. Must be this cold Canadian weather.

    ReplyDelete