Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Didn’t Do Much but Chill - Gibbs in 'Film'

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Jan. 2nd I had nothing on the agenda. I could have just stayed put, and been lazy here at home if I wanted. I almost did that – the lazy part – but let’s start at the beginning. I was up by 7:30, had my tea and after Bill left, Gibbs and I went for our walk. It was a chilly morning, only 39F/3.8C, but I bundled in my warm jacket and we were fine.

Good morning!

Because there wasn’t much going on, I sat with the little bum until a few minutes after 9. I wanted to get at the puzzle so I knew it would be done before Saturday. The table set up in that location is really a nuisance for the Music Jammers so I try to finish a puzzle so they can dismantle it. However, I don’t want to finish it too soon or I’ll have to dig into other crafting things! (PS – not a bad thing, I suppose).

This is how I left the puzzle this afternoon
I 'think' I can finish it on time - even if I don't have helpers. 

I made some decent progress before Bill texted and said he would be late for lunch. That means ‘go ahead and eat’, so I stayed at the clubhouse until almost 12:30. Dora had baked some Red Lobster biscuits in the oven over there and I had one of those. Oh my! They are so yummy, best when hot too. 😉 Thanks Dora!

Remember Stuffy?
Well, he is still in one piece, a week later.
His one foot is empty and ragged. His hat is roughed up
but after getting several baths (licks) a day, he is a
beloved puppy friend.

When I asked "Have you got Stuffy?"
I got this look. 💖 Notice the paw across his tummy?

Probably due to that little snack, I wasn’t really hungry for lunch so just had some yogourt and a couple of mandarins. Bill was home just after 1 and I waited until he had his lunch before going back over for more puzzling. The folks were playing Pokeno and I plopped quite a few more pieces in again. Feeling confident it would be done on time, I left for home at 3.

Our afternoon walk. A few clouds
but I don't mind missing the sunset tonight.
I love the rays that I got on my phone camera.

I had a bit of a headache (likely because I didn’t eat properly at noon) and was feeling tired so we all stretched out in our recliners and had a bit of a snooze. I actually managed to get a chapter read of the book I started a few weeks ago! LOL Gibbs and I went for our short jaunt around 4:30 and then it was time for my tea. We had burgers, grilled with bacon and cheese, for supper.

This little guy is a joy in our lives.

I know he has 'followers' who love the 'squat'.
Of course, he's a ham too!

We’re all caught up on the programs we watch together so I’ll try and catch up on Jack Ryan. I’m not sure if there are new episodes, this streaming thing is still a bit of a mystery in some areas. This was a quiet but fine sunny day, a lovely 65F/18C, and although I should have taken myself for a longer walk, my heel was a bit tender. Maybe tomorrow, if it doesn’t rain in the morning, I’ll hit the gravel. 😉

Our burgers were filling and delicious!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are always welcome.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cute picture of the little bum sitter. This one thing he does is just the funniest thing to me. Keeps me coming back. Love you, Gibbs! What a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same 'achilles heel' thing years ago. It took awhile to heal but the exercises do help! We have a skiff of snow but nothing too concerning. The weather has to stay decent for the next couple of weeks for our trips to London. Fingers 🤞.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle told me you did so when you text later, tell me which ones you did, I'm willing to do them.

      Delete
  3. I love the photo of Gibbs with the stuffy. It's like he's saying, well of course Mom, it's my fave!
    I've been dealing with an issue with my right foot and it's really put a damper on my walking. I hope your heel heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look ... it says don't you DARE touch my toy!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not even 8am and I want a burger!! Gibbs is so cute sitting on his butt~love in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute photo of Gibbs and his precious stuffy. The puzzle seems to be coming along very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Arizona nights sure can get cold and are sometime the same temp as we have back home. However it warms up nicely during the day. That photo of Gibbs protecting his new stuffy is adorable. Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Marlene and Benno. You're right about the night times. :)

      Delete