Monday, January 29, 2024

Back into the Swing, Temperatures Improving

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Jan. 29th, I knew as soon as I opened my eyes that I was on the positive side of this cold bug. I felt great. When I looked at the time reflected on our bedroom ceiling, I was surprised that it was already 6:25. That was a doozy of a sleep, I never woke once. We knew Nancy was planning on leaving early this morning and although it was still very dark, we got up.

First picture of the day
Good morning from Gibbs!

Bill took Gibbs out for his morning constitution and knew that as soon as it lightened up, she would be heading out. I slipped into something warm and we went out with Gibbs. She was hooked up and ready by then so Bill helped her check her lights. 

My favourite picture of the day, I think
'Where are Nancy and Cooper going?'

Checking her lights

Hugs all around and a quick snapshot of little Cooper, her navigator , they were pulling out. It was around 7:20.

This picture is also a favourite.
Cooper strapped in the passenger seat
He looks 3" tall. 💖

Goodbye!

Bill made me a tea and he got himself ready to go flying. He was feeling a bit better as well; it will run its course through him also. I was happy because I knew I would be playing poker pool with the ladies. I took Gibbs for his walk and Bill was ready to leave when we returned. There were 8 of us playing today, so a full house today! The office was busy so some games were slower than others, but we like when the host on duty can join us, but we finished by 12:15. (I think)

It was a pretty sky this morning
when we walked.

Bill and I had egg salad sandwiches on homemade bread for lunch and then I went outside to read. Gibbs had no interest in going out with me, silly goose. I had a hard time keeping my eyes open so came in and stretched out in my recliner. Bill wanted to work on a plane so went to Jim’s for a couple of hours this afternoon. When he returned, it was Happy Hour so we had a rum and Coke together. 😊

Sometimes you just can't keep your eyes open.
This is how I felt with my book early afternoon.

Today, we reached a beautiful high of 76F/25C. Perfect! This is more like it but we all know that it won’t last. Before supper, as we were all sitting outside, our neighbours (2 sites down) walked by and stopped to chat. They are curious about a few things so we helped them out with their questions about Los Algodones as best we can. Connie and Dave are from Pennsylvania and are enjoying the adventure here in Arizona.

Another pretty evening sky

Gibbs and I took our walk around 5:30 and Bill made French fries for supper with the defrosted shrimp. It was all very good without being too heavy. This has been a great day and we’ll settle in with some tv or our books for the evening. I'm sure I'll find another good movie if I choose. Last night, I watched A Perfect Game, a baseball movie, but quite funny and based on a true story. I enjoyed it. 


An easy tasty supper.
Good night y'all!

Thank you for popping by! Your comments are always appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. It seems harder for our pets to understand why their friends are leaving.
    Those clear skies are making us jealous.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Gibbs watching us leave. GREAT pictures!!!! I'll miss you all until next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are both feeling better. Cute photos of Gibbs and Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Cooper and Gibbs are the STARS on this blog !! :):) Too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodbyes are always awful and the dogs don't understand. I think both Gibbs and Cooper looked sad.

    ReplyDelete