Thursday, January 21, 2021

Free Day with No Big Decisions

Paisley, On

Thursday, Jan. 21st already. Unbelievable. All good though from our perspective. Yes, Bill and I are still anxious to get this winter over with. We crave warm weather! Life is good here, no regrets for the arrangements we’ve made for the winter, all is good, but it still isn’t home. Things we do, things we touch, spaces shared all belong to someone else. Our recliners miss us as much as we miss them. We’ll get there, I’m not sad, just melancholy.

First picture of the day focuses on my puzzle progress

Bill had to wake me again to say goodbye and I know he hates doing that. As usual, I couldn’t go back to sleep so I rested before getting my phone out and playing Scrabble- Go with my 4 opponents. It is easier now with just one game for each one. 😊 The hotspot for our wifi works well but we are going through our 10 gb faster than we ever had. I think perhaps boredom plays a part there and we're online more often so it's understandable. No point in having extra games to add to it.

I do like the nice wide area to walk heading this way


The sun was hanging there, just not powerful
enough to break through

I got up and dressed, made the bed and then crawled back up on it to read my book. I’d just managed one chapter last night, they are long ones, before I had to roll over for sleep. It’s going to be a good book though, I can tell. So, I read the 2nd and 3rd chapters before going down at 8 for my tea. I’m behind in doing the crosswords that Susan gives me when she finishes with the paper so I did one of those. They are easy ones in the Sun Times that they get so I finish them quickly.

I turned down this street once I got to the edge of town
the sign on the right says Washrooms and Playground
so I was curious

Eddie and Michelle, son and girlfriend from the apartment next door, have gone out and today have left SweetPea at home. So, here I am listening to the barking again. They may not be all day, lately she has gone with them. Sometimes she’ll settle down but it doesn’t last long. I have to try and NOT focus on it. After my tea, I had my shower and before getting out, gave the shower stall a good cleaning. We squeegee it each time we use it but it needed to be sprayed and cleaned better.

At the end was the playground and a nice park

I wish I'd found it before the snow

as there is a nice set of stairs down to the river

This is the Saugeen again, that rolls around to the campground
I walk in

I turned my radio on as a distraction from the dog and at 10:30 was ready for my coffee. I’d picked up a bag of Clementines at Walmart yesterday so brought one upstairs to tie me over until lunch. They were on the sale shelf for $1 again and not a bad one in the bunch. Wes and Susan left when I was downstairs for her appointment so the house was quiet. We were supposed to get more snow overnight and right through today and all day tomorrow. We got nothing. I'm quite pleased about that.😊 


There was quite a bit of snow though so I couldn't
walk too far

I made myself a couple of sunny side up eggs for lunch at 11:30 with tomatoes and pepperoni sticks. Along with my coffee that was sufficient to fill me up. Then I worked on the puzzle for a couple of hours. Wes went for the mail around noonish and our Camping World/Gander catalogue came. When the puzzle became too hard to see, I began prepping a casserole for supper. At some point in there, I went for a nice walk. Those +2C/36F temperatures were deceiving, with the wind it felt much colder today. Strange. I headed south through town, mailed a letter on the way and then cut back through the east streets. I found one I hadn't been down yet and made a discovery.

There are a few homes in town with major
renovations going on

No renovations here, but I just love this house!

I've been watching the progress on this property
They had just cleared the area in my last picture
of this place


Wes needed assistance to send some pictures to a friend so I helped with that and then put the ingredients together. It is a Corn Casserole that I’ve wanted to make for a while. I didn’t want to use up all of Bill’s frozen corn so used half corn and half mixed vegetables. With it all ready to go in the oven, I covered it and set it aside. The two steak were thawing in the sink. Bill was going to look at something after work tonight and Billy offered to drive him from their work location. It meant a late night so no point in rushing our meal.

this is the playground we took Easton to



I was drawn to stand in the trees and take this picture

He rolled in the laneway just before 6 and I’d been baking the casserole for about 20 minutes when he texted. I almost timed it right but not quite so I left it in the hot oven until he was changed and ready for me to start the steak. I decided to fry it on the stove rather than use Madame IP tonight. It turned out really nice, a bit chewy but the flavour was great. So was the casserole, delicious! I'll keep that recipe and use it again. Bill had a cinnamon bun and I had a carrot cake cupcake for dessert.

I like how it looks like the Legion is sitting on the bridge here

In front of the Legion looking down a different direction
towards the trail I walk

Upstairs, it was another quiet evening. Bill perused the catalogue and I showed him the ear marked pages of 3 things I’m keen on. I’m sure he’ll see some things too so we just have to hope we can make a trip to Port Huron sometime this summer! That’s where we have our US mailing address for pickups. 

It was a great supper

Bill was happy tonight as his after-work venture turned out good and he is now the proud owner of another table saw(we sold his first one when we sold the house). A used one but the price was right!


My little brother in Cold Lake, Alberta will
tee hee about this although their weather hasn't been
too bad yet either

Sometimes you don’t realize what you’ll miss until it’s gone. 😊 This was a good day and I even managed to get an afternoon walk in and that meant meeting my step quota for the day.

Jan. 21, 2020
Quartzsite - The Big Tent show

And the big Happy Hour group later in the afternoon
Good night!


Thank you for stopping by!

 

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a couple of good days. I understand your hesitation the last couple of years of winter driving if I had to drive anywhere out of town I wanted clear dry roads. The puzzle looks challenging with all the red but it looks like you are moving right along. Nice pictures of your walk. Today's picture conjures up a nice memory. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a few weeks of winter driving to get used to it then I hope it's over for another 10 years! haha

      Delete
  2. I have to say it's been cooler this winter, so you really aren't missing much warm. On the other hand, it's hard to keep busy when you're stuck inside. Cute puzzle. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words. Of course, you have been in shorts once. :)
      The puzzle is a good one.

      Delete
  3. I'd throw in the towel with the puzzle LOL..good job! Great pictures of your walk! I love towns and homes like that! Dinner looks awesome! That veggie casserole looks yummy! Love your memory picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley, no towels here, that would be admitting defeat and I've done that on the driving!! haha

      Delete
  4. Another good day. The puzzle is coming along.
    Casserole looks yummy.
    More White heading our way so it's a certainty for you.
    We miss the Southwest as well.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white days are inevitable, aren't they? My brother in Cold Lake, Alberta says he's sending us some real cold stuff. I told him off, politely. :)

      Delete
  5. You always have the most interesting pictures of your walks to post. Love the tree one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet! Thank you, I never know if others will enjoy what I see but you encourage me. :)

      Delete