Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Back at the Trucks, Trying a New Paint Style, Switching it Up for Supper

The Ridge

On Tuesday, July 26th I didn’t have to go to clean so after Bill left for Hanover with Black Beauty, I hopped in the shower. I had my cereal around 8 and sat with Gibbs. It was gearing up for a lovely day, although it started out on the cool side. By the time Gibbs and I went for our walk just before 9, it was nice enough for a sleeveless top. 😊

The view out our back window at 6:30 am


It's always cute watching Gibbs
but even his shadow is cute as he
watches Daddy get ready to leave

I left him in charge at 9:25 and drove to M’s for my 3 hour shift. I never know what I’ll be doing now with the apartment reno’s in the works. I started by touching up a few spots on the cupboards and then worked in the shop lightly sanding the white truck. It’s all ready for painting but I needed to buff the primer spots first. M went to town on an errand so I deadheaded some of his petunias while he was gone.

Bill has been hearing small noises during our
'quiet' hours
In our hall closet, we've discovered a few mouse droppings
So, when he left I emptied and cleaned it out
tonight, we'll place a trap in there


Gibbs and I walked to the corner

He probably has the nicest petunias around, he keeps at them all the time. I worked on the engine block of Mike’s old truck and that is a job I’m not keen on, let me tell you! It is hard to reach down in there to get the peeling paint off, even the stick we rigged up with sand paper was a challenge. I was happy to see 12:30 arrive soon after. This is going to be a ‘show’ truck to some extent so he wants it touched up in there.


The horseback riders must have
went through on Sunday, Gibbs' nose never
left the ground on the home stretch

I went through my last clothes drawer and remembered that I’d fairly recently done this one. When I put my summer tops back in, I took the advice of a dear friend and followed her technique. Folding and stacking them this way makes it so much easier to see what I’ve got and find the one I’m looking for immediately. 😊 Thanks Lori! Aren’t you proud?

Now, they are all visible and won't slip through

I forgot to show you yesterday's cookies

My lunch today

We went out and after I let Gibbs run free for a while and went to set up my paints in the Bunky, Bill drove in. That’s a nice surprise that he’s home early. It was only a few minutes past 2. I’d found a neat way to paint a scenic picture over the winter and had taken screen shots on my phone to refer to. Today, I checked back and made a practice print on cardboard. While it didn’t turn out exactly like the picture, it wasn’t too bad.

when I left for M's at 4, this groundhog/gopher
was up on the berm
We've so many animals this summer
Skunk, chipmunks, a squirrel, mink, raccoons
not to mention the geese, ducks and turtles.

I forgot to tell you yesterday that 2 raccoons
crossed the laneway on my way to work
in the morning

At a few minutes before 4, M called and asked if I’d be interested in painting the small bedroom floor in the apartment. His brother, Jim, is helping and is only available tomorrow to lay the carpet and do a couple of other things. He needs the floor painted first, so I drove over and took care of it in an hour. It was hot in there, even at that time, but I did a mediocre job before I got out of there. It is being covered with carpet so all it needs is a coat of paint to help secure it.

Bill's watch dog

Back home I brought Gibbs up from the Hangar, where I left him with Bill, and I finished up my painting. At 5:30, I came inside and started supper. Tonight, was a new recipe that I’d received in an email so I thought I’d give it a try. Our Taco Pie was very good! We had corn on the side and the last 2 biscuits from Sunday night. Bill loaded the dishwasher and then made his lunch for tomorrow. He’s going over to the Acreage to build boxes around their gazebo posts. Gerry is there to help. 😊


Much improvement needed
but I enjoyed it

This has been a nice day. I’m happy that I finally got my paints out again and tried something new. I’m hoping I’ll get better each time I try it.

The pie turned out great and we have leftovers!
Good night

Thank you for stopping in. Your commentsare always welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a reasonably paced day.
    Dinner looks tasty.
    Watch you don't break an Ankle in those Groundhog holes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed your clothes are folded the Konmarie way or is this just a coinincidence. I just started watching her series and have become a fan, this way of folding clothes save so much space and I can actually see and pick my clothes for the day. Rats are my enemies. I can even take snakes but NO, not Rats. And Gibbs has a good shadow, creative pix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of the Konmarie way but that's interesting. It is quite brilliant, folding the clothes that way in a drawer. My friend, Lori, showed me last winter and I'm happy to pass it on! This is a little mouse, not a rat so as long as we catch them and keep them out of our home, I'm happy. :)

      Delete
  3. Maybe Gibbs can learn to be a rat dog?? My Jessie was better than any cat I've ever had. For sure Lori's drawer was the neatest I've seen. Great idea to stack them that way. You do seem to be attracting the critters this year. How fun to watch them wander about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, BUT Gibbs would want to eat them and that is NOT allowed!! Yeuch! Oh yes, you did see Lori's drawer! I remember her showing us. We have many critters, some are welcome, others are not!

      Delete
  4. Love the way to stack the drawers! I think i'll give it a try! I like your painting, very spring like! Hopefully you get the little critter, hate them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very neat, not rolled but folded and tucked in there. :) Thank you, that painting will disappear in the fire pit eventually and hopefully I improve on the next one. We'll get him.

      Delete
  5. I hope the mouse trap works and the critter or critters are taken care of in short order. I can imagine they can play havoc with wiring and the like in an RV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we'll get the little critter, he's not welcome here!

      Delete