Sunday, July 24, 2022

A Full Day, Laundry, Friends, Campfire, Birthday

The Ridge

On Saturday, July 23rd, Gibbs and I got up around 6:30 and went for our walk to the corner. It was a lovely morning on its way to another hot day. On the way back, we met Bill and Duncan pulling the cargo trailer. They were going to the flying field for the morning. I finished getting ready and left Patty and Gibbs at home as I had to clean and was meeting my new Mat boss, Kaitlyn. 😊

Looking across the pond

I put our 2 loads of laundry in the machines and it wasn’t long that she arrived. She basically shadowed me and paid close attention to what I did, what order I did it in and we got to know each other. She wanted to help, and did a bit but without gloves (which I suggested she wear), she just made notes as she followed me around. She is a lovely young lady and we got along great.

this is a better one showing how much the
neighbours have cut back

It was close to two hours before I returned home. I let Gibbs out and I sat with Patty for a few minutes before hanging the clothes out. They wouldn’t take long to dry today! The 3 of us then went for a walk down the road. Two walks today!

My favourite picture today

The boys returned just before lunch so we separated to get something to eat. We were all tuckered out and had naps inside the coolness of our ‘homes’. We can only put it down to the heat, for me in the laundromat, for Bill and Duncan outside in the sun at the field and for Patty from a restless night’s sleep.

Gibbs was being very good
while I hung clothes

He knew it was hot so didn't hesitate to
come indoors when we did ♥

We rejoined each other at the firepit as it was the shadiest, coolest spot to sit and had a Happy Hour until 6. Time for supper! Bill grilled bacon, cheese burgers and I split the remaining 4 pieces of rhubarb pie with our friends. I made some whipped cream for topping and shared that too. Of course! Tonight, was our night to have a fire so Bill started one after loading the dishes. I started my post with no guarantees. 😊

Supper


Dessert

Donna and Gerry joined us tonight and it was a lovely evening with storms on the horizon overnight and tomorrow. This was a great day. I hope your weekend is going just as well. Hugs all around for the birthday girl before they left for the Acreage. 💕 It was midnight when we let the fire die down and all went to bed.

Happy Birthday, Donna!

Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to sit around a fire with friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually the only time we have a fire, when family or company come over. :)

      Delete