Wednesday, July 6, 2022

An Easy Work Day and Pay Day

The Ridge

On Wednesday, July 6th, aka Hump Day, Bill didn’t have far to travel for work. Just 20 minutes to Hanover for a job today so he didn’t have to leave as early. I didn’t hear him and Gibbs get up so can’t even tell you what time it was. I was sleeping soundly until almost 7 and it wasn’t Gibbs who woke me. I’d been dreaming again and was ready to wake up. My job today was at 9:30 around the corner so it was a relaxing start for me too.

The tiger lilies at the end of the lane
are so proud and beautiful

I played my Wordle games, had my tea and cereal before Gibbs and I walked down the lane. It was a nice morning but I’m not sure if we got the rain overnight as was called for. The clouds ruled the sky and it was very calm. Would we reach the forecasted 21C/70F? We’ll see. I was alone for almost 2 hours at the body shop and the time went quite quickly. M showed me what areas needed to be taped and papered and then where sanding was necessary on the Sierra.

The egg plants are slow but healthy

The owner of the 91 Chev truck, brought his daughter in to have a look at what we’ve accomplished so far. He isn’t pushing for completion; it was Tabitha’s first vehicle and she is interested in the transformation. That’s kind of neat! She thanked me for working on ‘her’ truck before they left. 😊 I managed to get most of the work done before my shift was done but will finish tomorrow.

M paid me for the day and he put some air in Black Beauty’s passenger tire for me. It has a slow leak somewhere and we’ll get it looked after soon or at least before the fall. Back home, I love the reception I get, especially when I’m upstairs changing out of work clothes.  Gibbs first brings me his rope and then hops up on the bed and waits. His tail starts wagging slowly (slapping against the blankets) and whenever I look at him, it speeds up. He just wants some approval. Of course, he gets it! He’s so darn affectionate.

The peppers and tomato plants
have flowers so I'll start watching for vegetables soon

After I got washed up, I made my wrap for lunch and the little guy got outside for a run. He does disappear for a while but he is getting better at returning, still on his own time though. 😊 We came inside and I played my afternoon games on line. It was a good day, solving them in record time. We went outside and I checked the garden and dumped our pool of the rain water. I heard a car coming slowly up the lane and thought of Bill home early.

It wasn’t Bill but a car I didn’t recognize. Gibbs ran down and around the vehicle as it crept up and then I realized it was Jamie. He was coming to pay us for our June work at the Mat. It was great to see him and hear about his Dad. Jim has been in the hospital since the weekend and is undergoing a few tests to find out what the problems are. Jamie lost his Mom in January so I hope there is nothing seriously wrong.

Gibbs waits while I work on the puzzle

We chatted about the sale of the Mat and we’ll find out down the road whether my services are needed or not. Either way, I’m fine with it. While he was here, Bill did pull in early so that was a pleasant surprise. He and Gibbs napped and I slipped out to the puzzle. Finally, I can see an end to it even though there are still a lot of challenges to overcome. At 6, Bill grilled our loaded burgers and inside I put together (opened a bag) Caesar salad. It was almost too much food, I was stuffed, so no dessert required.

A simple, tasty supper

The sun came out around 3:30 and it turned into a lovely evening. I worked on my blog and Bill went to the Hangar. Gibbs slept on the floor. He’s been eating his food pretty good these days, sometimes only once a day but that’s okay. He sure isn’t starving. 😊 This has been a great day!

Last year, our little baby
looked like this ♥♥
Good night

Thank you for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Your garden looks awesome! It's really coming along. Always nice to have pay day :) Hopefully nothing serious with Jamie's dad. Dinner really looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, this is the smallest garden I've had as far as how many veggies but as long as it does good, I'm happy.
      I hope Jamie's dad is okay too.

      Delete
  2. Gibbs sure has grown! Congrats on the garden....it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's a little lump isn't he? ♥
      thank you sis, the garden seems to be thriving.

      Delete
  3. Nice garden!! Soon you will be reaping the rewards. Funny how our "kids" are so affectionate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the little veggies are visible now! I love the snuggle bums too. ♥♥

      Delete
  4. Good day Patsy, Bill & Gibbs,
    Your tiger lilies are magnificent & do look very proud.
    It's so nice to be thanked for all your hard work at M's, by the actual people who own the
    vehicles, way to go.
    I definitely need myself a she shed, what with the hobbies I like to do.
    Did you need to bring in top soil for your garden or was it not needed. The garden does
    look nice. I think everyone's gardens this year are slow due to the weird weather we have
    been having, even here in BC, were still waiting for summer to appear, so wet.
    Oh well, it can only get better with time.
    Give Gibbs a scruffle on the head & Bill too if you like, ha, ha.
    Take care of yourself & each other, caringly Melynda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment, Melynda. It is nice to watch our plants grow, especially the ones that return each year. :)
      I appreciate it very much when our customers thank me for my work. And M, is very forthcoming with my amateur work.
      I will give Gibbs a scruffle - Bill might avoid me though. Ha ha

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking good. Hope you get some rain - but overnight preferably. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maebeme. Yes, the rain came and just the right amount!

      Delete
  6. Gibbs....such a sweetheart. It's nice that the laundromat isn't a concern. It's all good either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs is a ♥ stealer for sure.
      Yes, I'm happy Jamie is moving on with the Mat and if they don't need me, I'm okay with it.

      Delete