Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Days Continue to Fly By, A Little Rain Must Fall

The Ridge

On Wednesday, July 27th Bill left the Ridge at 6:50 for Mildmay. He took Ptooties because it is a 40-minute drive. After he was gone, I had to leave as well. I wanted to see if my adjustment to the timer at the Mat made any difference. It didn’t, the more I fiddled with it, the worse it got so I had to use the Bypass so I was able to use the lights anyway.

this is the kind of sky we bounced around
all day

Before I left, I texted Jamie, even though I hated to bother him at this unsettling time for him. I asked if he could stop in today as the doors weren’t unlocked unless the timer all of a sudden came to life. I left the door propped open. He responded later this morning that he would pop in. I should have left it alone. Back home, I remembered that I was going to get a water jug filled but forgot. Another day.

The cows across the road are huddling
under the trees before the rain

At 9:30, I was around the corner starting work. M was on his way out the door so assigned me to a job and left for about an hour. I jump around at different jobs according to what M has in mind so I guess you could call me a Jill of all Trades. 😊 I got myself covered in red Datsun dust first until he returned and then did some ‘secretary’ stuff, e-transfers and phone updates, before I returned to the hand sanding.

Our apple tree out front is
very lush and full
There aren't many apples though

These yellow wildflowers give our
laneway etc. some colour

This is the first thing you see when you drive into our lane

He paid me for the day at noon and disappeared so I finished my last 30 minutes and drove home. The day has been partially sunny, partially cloudy and it looked like it could rain a few times. After I got washed, free of paint, I made myself bacon and an egg for lunch. Gibbs and I sat in our chair and played Wordle resting until 2:30.

The chickadees and finches are loving
their seed

I was going to get my sewing machine out for a project but decided tomorrow is a better day for that and I took Gibbs out to the Bunky. With my paints already out on the table, I proceeded to paint rocks. Just a solid colour for now, I’m not in the creative mood quite yet for anything more than that. The clouds darkened, moved on and then returned off and on all afternoon.

A frog jumped in so Gibbs had to try and catch him

This is what you do

Then this stretch is important too

I didn't help, other than keeping Gibbs
occupied and taking pictures

The light rain wasn't a distraction
I'm sure it was refreshing for Bill 💕

Bill drove in around 4:15 and suggested we all go over to the Acreage so he can finish building the boxes for the gazebo. You’ll see what I mean when you look at the pictures. 😊 Bill worked the drill and screw driver while Gerry and Donna offered the assistance he needed. Gibbs took a partial dip in the pond and then ran around in their top soil. He was a muddy little mess by the time we left at 5:30.


And here you see what they are actually building
Donna and Gerry will fill them with top soil
and she will plant annuals each spring
You can see the top soil that Gibbs ran through with wet paws

The few brief spatters of rain didn’t help but he is our little mess so we brought him home with us anyway. He let me wipe his paws and he ate his supper and fell asleep – as did Bill. I was in no hurry to start supper and gave them 30 minutes before I started warming up the leftovers. It was just as good tonight as it was last night.

The finishing step, after eating, of course

Amazingly, he dried off nicely and the dirt disappeared

With the dishes loaded, we relaxed for the evening. I’ve enjoyed the day but cannot believe that tomorrow is Thursday already! Where has this week gone? 

Supper was good and we had a cookie for dessert

I did water my vegetable plants and flowers today so that will help along with the rain we’ve been forecasted to receive overnight and tomorrow. Get it out of its system before the long weekend. Our Civic holiday is Monday. 😊

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in!

10 comments:

  1. Another productive day. The Gazebo will really look nice when finished.
    Looks like someone will need a Bath before getting on the bed.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The gazebo will be nice, they are waiting for the metal roof pieces. Shelter from the wind, sun and rain for them. Gibbs was much cleaner come bedtime. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your lane, so lush and private.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entrance to the lane is so inviting. Hope you got some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think so too. We do need to do some trimming to widen it though.

      Delete
  4. Wow, busy days! Your daylilies look great going along the fence, looks like Gibbs needs a dunking in the wash tub for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been busy. Thank you, everybody calls lilies by different names, I call them Tiger Lilies and the shorter yellow ones Daylilies - which I don't have Yet!
      Gibbs should have went in the bath tub but seemed to dry up nicely. :)

      Delete
  5. I'll bet those yellow flowers on your driveway are Bird'sfoot Trefoil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! You keep telling me and I keep forgetting their exact name. Bird'sfoot Trefoil. That is exactly what they are!

      Delete