Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A Different Kind of Day, Still in the Midst of a Heat Wave

The Ridge

On Tuesday, July 19th, I left the Ridge after having my cereal before Bill did. It was 7:10 and already quite warm. Especially in the Mat, it is always so hot, with the fan going. No a/c in there and no windows to open. I always prop the back door open but the trick is just ‘get the job done and get out’. I couldn’t believe that the Lost & Found box already had 6 ‘new’ items in it! LOL, I admit to grumbling about that.

I forgot to show you the puzzle I finished

I’ve seen 3 of those things before so it makes me wonder if someone had taken them and has returned them. There were also 3 clothing items in the recycle bins which to me says ‘not wanted’ so I washed and mostly dried the large dog bed from the box and a pair of cargo shorts from the bin before I washed floors and headed for home. That put me a bit behind schedule so I didn’t fuel up and I didn’t fill our water bottle. I do like to have an hour with Gibbs before I leave again. 😊

My first 2022 Dahlia blooms

These lilies are a bit different
than my solid orange ones

I brought the shorts home, they’re Bill’s size and have no issues, so will be a good trade off for work on these hot days of summer. Gibbs and I walked down the road a bit and I left him in charge. The milk bones he gets now have been dipped in peanut butter so he willfully takes them when we leave. I think he eats them right away, rather than holding on to them until we return.

Two more Moonflowers
This is the most I've ever had in one season

No body work today, M’s tenant from the front apartment has ‘finally’ vacated so it needed to be cleaned. Whether it is on my ‘duty’ list (as Bill questioned) is beside the point. There are some extra things I don’t mind doing as long as I’m being paid and he needs the help, but there are also some things I won’t do. M seems acceptable to those. He knows how stubborn I am, so I do hold some control over what my 3 hours are spent doing. At the end, I get paid. 😊

The sky this morning at 7:15
I was ready to turn towards town

I cleaned the kitchen; counters, cupboards, which I don’t think were used, the oven and stove top and the fridge. Let’s just say that this tenant was no better than the last one and left a big mess. Hopefully, his next ones are better at keeping house! I cleaned the stackable washer/dryer unit (that’s in my wheelhouse at least!) and vacuumed out the hall closets and shelves before I left at 12:30. The humidity has really taken hold of the day and again I thought of Bill and Billy working outdoors.

The new post that was put in at the Mat
a month ago didn't last long
No! It wasn't me!

With an egg/vegetable/cheese quesadilla with salsa and sour cream on my plate, I touched base with the boys to see if they needed anything. Bill was cute with his response “a huge tent”. He knows full well that if I could, I would get him one! 😊 Gibbs and I stayed indoors for the rest of the afternoon, where it was cool, and yet the a/c was really working today to keep the Suite moderately comfortable.

My lunch was crunchy and good

Bill was home by 3 and hopped in the shower. He had his shirt off for the last 3 hours so had some colour on his back. I don’t believe this is a bad thing, in moderation. While he dozed, I read more of my book Midwives. Did I tell you I’d started this one? It’s quite intriguing, a book my sister, Gayle, gave me to read. I’m enjoying it a lot. For supper, we heated 2 cooked sausages and had them in buns. I heated them inside so neither of us had to be near the Weber tonight.

Before I topped it with onions, sauerkraut
and mustard

We watched tv after supper and just enjoyed the rest of the evening. This was another good day. My job was challenging but I enjoyed it, using all the precautions of a mask when necessary (the oven) and gloves. I didn’t even get dirty today!

This was last night's sunset

Good night!

Thank you for popping by.

12 comments:

  1. Still enjoying your wonderful sunsets! I'm next to Phoenix and it's 108 here.....Enjoy Canada!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sunset photos! It's one I wish I could see more of, but living in the city doesn't provide as nice a view.
    M is fortunate to have you working for him and willing to do various tasks. I'm sure he'd find it hard to find someone so accommodating. Good on you for holding the line on certain tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree M is very lucky to have you. Honestly I think I'd rather clean an apartment than be sanding LOL. Interesting about the clothing items at the Mat. Guess they didn't fit after taking them home LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. That's exactly right. I get paid at the end of every shift. :)

      Delete
  5. Sunsets up here in Canada are beautiful. It is a bit cooler today so hopefully this reaches you very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunsets always take my breath away. Some more than others. We've cooled down tonight after the rains. :)

      Delete
  6. Stick to your guns at what you will do.
    Nice Sunset Pictures.
    Reading late so I know you were hot today and had Severe Thunderstorms.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rick, I definitely will! Our thunderstorms didn't amount to anything more than some thunder and rain. One big gust of wind before it stopped and the sun came out. Funny weather!

      Delete