Friday, July 22, 2022

Finishing the Week with Company and a Birthday Supper

The Ridge

On Friday, July 22nd, Bill found out around 7:30 that he wasn’t working again today. He wasn’t 100% disappointed, probably not even 50% disappointed because it was a beautiful calm morning for flying and that’s where he went. 😊 I walked with Gibbs when I got up at 6:30 and then left for work at M’s at 9:30.

Looking across the pond on our walk

More work on the apartment, but I was expecting that so set to work right away. First, washing the 3 windows facing the yard and then painting the floors in the big front room, the hallway and closet and lastly a second coat of white in the kitchen. It really is starting to look decent. He has an interested person coming tomorrow to look at the big room.

A pretty view looking back at our place

At home, Bill had returned from flying and then gone somewhere so only Gibbs greeted me. I assumed he was at the Acreage with Gerry – and he was, returning a few minutes after me. The day was warming up and although we left our a/c turned on, it wasn’t near as humid as it has been so a nice relief. I received a text from Duncan and Patty around 10:30 but didn’t see it until closer to 1 after we had lunch.

I heard a different bird and used my
Merlin app to identify it

When it said it was a 
Green Heron, something I've never heard of,
I looked out and saw it in our 'bird' tree 💗

Isn't he beautiful?
I had to zoom in so it is a bit fuzzy

The good news is that they were on their way – today, instead of tomorrow but that was just a mixed communication on ‘someone’s’ part and we were happy that they would be here for a longer visit. 😊 We had previously made plans for dinner out with Donna and Gerry for her birthday so invited our guests along. They are so organized in their travel that they declined, already having planned their supper.

Our little 'human' dog sits in
the King chair with me
waitng for our company

He can see his Daddy down there near
the Hangar

I’m never that organized with meals so I credit them both. We met out in the shade with a ‘short’ drink (for me) and celebrated Happy Hour together. Gerry and Donna arrived around 4:45 and joined us until it was time to head to Kettles. We were all getting hungry, after our drinks so were thankful that we were seated fairly quickly. Our meals took a longer time than usual but it was Friday night and they were quite busy.

We waited outside in the shade
and I worked at playing my Wordle games

Company!

I love their new truck!
The colour is gorgeous and of course,
it's a Ford! 💓

My liver and onions with bacon and baked potato was delicious. Holy, a huge potato and 2 pieces of liver. I brought half of each home for another day. 😉 Gerry dropped us off at home, after a quick stop to pick up some dog food from Gayle. They weren’t able to join us for dinner this time, unfortunately. 

Happy Birthday, Donna!

Aside from the reflection on my lens,
a nice picture with my Sweetie

Way too much food so I  brought some home

Kettles has never disappointed us
with a meal
Tonight being no exception

Maybe Gibbs will like this change of food blended in with his regular diet. We were tired, all of us, not having had a doze today. I worked on my post and Bill fell asleep in his chair. LOL, he won’t sleep through the night!

A pretty sunset

This was an awesome day and we’re glad our friends arrived safely. More fun to continue tomorrow!

Good night!

Thank you for your visit.

7 comments:

  1. Great pics of the Heron, I have never heard of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think that you might get Daddy to fly his drone and get some pics of the area? :O)
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sister Donna!
    Love the photos of the green heron. I've never seen one either.
    Enjoy your company and your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Donna! How fun to have company once again! Love that blue truck! Cute pic of both of you couples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harvey got pictures of Great Blue Herons today on his drive. I plan on sharing them tomorrow. Just wondering if you are noticing lots of new birds at your place? We are seeing birds that we haven't seen before this year.

    You enjoy your company and have a great weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Donna

    ReplyDelete