Monday, July 4, 2022

What a Lovely Day!

The Ridge

Sunday, July 3rd was an absolutely gorgeous day. From beginning to end. Bill was up early and had left for the flying field before 7:30. I watched the movie Jeremiah Johnson last night until 11 so didn’t want to get up, even then! He wasn’t going to wake me but Gibbs had already planted a kiss on my face so I was up to say goodbye. Two wonderful kisses.

I waited in Ptooties while
M got his final payment for the Caddy
They didn't even come out to look at it

I sorted the laundry and it was 10 to 8 when I headed in to the Mat. It was a necessary ‘clean’ today so I earned my cash. 😊 The floor only needed sweeping as a last task, so I did that and headed home. M had finished a Cadillac, just touch ups along the rocker panel on each side so he’d asked if I would follow him to Flesherton, 20 miles down the highway, to deliver it. He’d need a ride back. The owners are in their late 80’s and only have one vehicle and one driver.

After he misbehaved, he went on his rope
in the shade
Thanks to our winter away, he doesn't seem to mind too much
He's used to being on a leash

At 10:30 I met him at his place and followed him. It was a quick hour, he paid me a bonus for the Sunday work and the rest of the day was free. I knew the clothes would not take long to dry; it was a beautiful 23C/73F day. They are perfect days! I took advantage of it and laid out on my lounge chair with a coffee. Gibbs had free reign for about 20 minutes and when he wouldn’t return to my call, he got put on his rope.

Evidence of a sunbather
I laughed when I got up and saw this!
It's quite exaggerated! 😂

 I knew Bill had packed a lunch so I made myself a wrap with some grapes on the side at 1. Bill called when I was eating and asked if I’d meet him at the laundromat so he could pick up the 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. It was the last thing to go. He needed my keys to get in the storage room. I had previously contacted Jamie with the hours that Bill and I worked in June but he has had a few things going on right now so we haven’t seen him yet. We’re not in a rush for payment, he’s reliable. 😊

My lunch

Bill had a perfect morning flying and that was great to hear. He works all week so I am very happy for calm, warm weekends for him to get out with his hobby. I worked on the puzzle and made more progress, some days I wonder if I will ever get it finished! I know I will, eventually. We’d thought about a bike ride but agreed that it was a day just to sit tight and enjoy the quiet Sunday. We don’t actually spend it ‘together’ but that’s okay too. We are only about 50’ apart!


With our clean windows, you can even see
the clothes on the line today!

We had our breakfast for supper
Bill's suggestion

At night, after supper (which was more like a breakfast), I went out and watered the garden. Everything is looking good. We have rain supposedly coming overnight and tomorrow so they will get a good soaking then, I hope. This was a great summer day at a slow pace. Bill reported Friday that we are halfway through the year already! That’s just crazy! 😊

Getting there, slowly but surely!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around. Your comments are always appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. It's just crazy that we are into the last half of the year.

    Those cinnamon buns look wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete