Sunday, July 10, 2022

Winding the Weekend Down

The Ridge

On Sunday, July 10th the day started out with as much flurry as is possible for a non-working day. 😊 By that I mean that Bill was up early with Gibbs and when the pooch came back to bed, Bill stayed up. He made a lunch, got washed, dressed and left for the flying field. It is about 30 minutes from home. I made my tea instead of walking as I wanted to write a blog for yesterday.

Bill was in his element at the field
He was happy and was with a few friends

At 8:30 when I was downloading (or uploading) my pictures, Bill called.  Oh-oh. He was okay, just arrived at the field when he realized that his keys for his cargo trailer were at home in the Hangar. He asked if I felt like taking a drive. 😊 Well, there’s no way I would say no and I hope he knew that. I poured the rest of my tea in a to-go cup, finished getting dressed and Gibbs and I hopped in Ptooties.

Although not huge, it was a pretty little place to stop

I'm not a fisherman so I don't know what
these are but there were a lot of them

It’s a decent drive and I’m glad I remembered the way there. Gibbs whined a lot on the way there, which we can’t quite understand. He seems nervous. I’m looking for a 2nd hand bed for him to keep in the vehicles as our travels south, with his bed, are quiet. He’s a puzzler, I’ll tell you, with silly little habits. I met 3 of Bill’s flying mates and felt pretty good when they said there was NO WAY their wives would have brought their keys. Bill felt pretty good about that too.


A bit of corn, a drink of water
Back and forth

On the way back home, we stopped at Sulpher Springs Conservation Area. No better time. No, I didn’t smell sulpher but we did enjoy the park. Not much is there but a beautiful stream for huge fish and ducks plus one resident swan. Wow! He/she was huge and beautiful to watch. 😉 We took some pictures, well, I did, and Gibbs sniffed EVERYTHING! He was so excited for the new smells. After about 20 minutes or so, we walked back to the SUV.

The ducks weren't afraid of us

Funny thing is that Gibbs never made a peep all the way home, until we got to our road. I can’t explain it. He did poop as soon as he got out of the car though. The rest of the day was spent working on my blog, sitting outside with Gibbs in the shade and working on the puzzle. I’ve come so close to packing it in but keep talking myself out of it. There are already at least 4 pieces missing so I won’t be giving it to anyone else.


Bill returned around 2:30, I think it was, and he and Gibbs dozed inside. We were doing what we wanted on a lovely Sunday. It was quiet and peaceful. For supper, I baked 2 large chicken thighs in our convection oven, boiled a potato and cooked corn for Bill and boiled the large bunch of asparagus for me. I didn’t need it all but it was going soft and needed to be eaten. I’ll eat the last of it tomorrow. 😊

Still sniffing and I'm still taking pictures

This was another great day. Dare I say perfect? The temperature reached a beautiful 26C/79F with no humidity. I did clean our little pool today and added 4 pailfuls of rain water but Gibbs wanted no part of it for some reason. 

I worked on the puzzle 
and Gibbs sat in the shade

We relaxed in the shade on my lounge chair
He was asking for a tummy rub, I'm sure 💖

I also watered my plants and the vegetable garden. Bill spent the evening down with his planes and I stayed up here with our pup. That is not a chore at all. 😊

The thighs were delicious with a bit of crispy skin
Good night

Thank you for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty place for a walk and the swan is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lab LOVES to be invited for a car ride. She whines her head off though. If we take her to the lake for a swim, or a good hike, she is tired and quiet on the way home. If I take her for a drive alone, so she can be on the front seat, she is quiet. Go figure eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that funny about your lab and Gibbs doing the same thing. I try not to let him ride in the front or he expects it even when I'm in the seat!

      Delete
  3. I've found out that all our dogs want to see out the windows when driving & when they can't,
    they whine. So a big homemade pillow now comes with us & they will perch themselves up
    on it, so they can see & are super contented. Just my take on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, great suggestion. He is quiet when we ride south though so it might have something to do with his bed being back there with him. I don't know. Also, when he'd walked at the park, he slept.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous place to visit with Gibbs. Funny, the comments from the guys as I would have taken Ken his keys too and vice versa I'm sure. :) Dinner looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't even have considered NOT taking his keys to him. That's what we do for each other. ♥

      Delete
  5. Good info to help Gibbs enjoy his car rides. The other men said their wives wouldn't take them the keys...that made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the other men, it made me wonder about their marriages!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely area for a stop. Lots to see and for Gibbs, lots to sniff.

    ReplyDelete