Tuesday, July 5, 2022

A Day with the Sibs, Good Little Boy

The Ridge

On Tuesday, July 5th, I’d booked the day off work. Well, I was supposed to clean at the Mat but I told M that I wouldn’t be in. My sister, Donna, needed to be at the O.W. Hospital for a test and because it is where our thrift stores are, she asked Gayle and I to join her for the day. It was rainy when we got up and who knows how long it rained through the night. The bird bath was full, so a fair bit. 😊


My lunch was the first picture today
It was delicious!

That meant no watering and that is always nice. The planters and vegetable garden should get a great soaking today! Yay! After Bill left at 6:45, I sat with Gibbs until 9:15. He was going to be alone for a big part of this day. I’d decided not to worry about cleaning the laundromat this morning, since I would be rushed to meet Donna in town at 9:30. I’d clean later when Bill was home.

This is a favourite thrift store of ours

We drove to Chatsworth to pick Gayle up and it was on to the hospital. We all went in, since the first part of her appointment was only a 10-minute wait. We sat in the waiting room, masked, and she was soon out as promised. Value Village was our first stop and we easily killed over an hour poking around. We all found a few things, as usual, and then drove to The European Bakery Café on 16th St. E. We love the food and the prices.

I was first to check out and waited in the car
for my sisters
Mr. Seagull popped by looking for food

I ordered tea, cauliflower & cheese soup with the quiche of the day. What a great lunch! Donna had a breakfast entrée and Gayle had a meal similar to mine. We were a bit rushed to get out of there before 1 as Donna had to be back for the second half of her appointment. Instead of waiting the 45 minutes in the waiting room (masked) or in the car, we walked to Giant Tiger, a few blocks away. Then when Donna was done, we walked 2 streets over to The Mission Store. 😉

I found these placemats for $2
and they will work just fine

We make the best use of our time when we visit the city, we don’t get there often, especially together. By 3 pm, when we were ready to leave Owen Sound, I was feeling a bit guilty about Gibbs being home alone for so long. It didn’t do any good beating myself up over it as it just made me feel worse. When Donna dropped me at Black Beauty in the town’s credit union lot, I bee-lined for home. The little bum met me at the door with a stretch and yawn and then ran around the yard. Free!

Before supper, I drove into town to clean
the Mat
It had stopped raining but the sky was still
threatening to bring us more

There were no accidents, nothing damaged, just a warm spot on our bed where he’d been sleeping. ♥♥♥ Oh, my. He’s such a good little boy. That was 7 hours! I let him run around for about 10 minutes and when I came in, he followed me and got a treat. I’m so pleased, we’ve raised a good little boy. 😊 I put my purchases away, a new pill container, 4 placemats, a belt and a few items of clothing.

It's a good thing I went in tonight
The place was a mess

I’ll be going through the closet again soon to remove a few things I haven’t worn in a while. I’m finding that I’m not looking at the clothing as much as I used to so that’s a bonus. Right dear? I made myself a cup of tea and sat to start today’s post. When Bill came in, we decided when it was best for me to go into town. He needs bread and milk too so I’ll do everything all at once. Last night, I was up until midnight watching The Buddy Holly Story with Gary Busey. He really played it well.

For supper, I cooked ground beef, onions and mushrooms
With a little pizza sauce, I had mine over
spaghetti squash noodles
and Bill had a sloppy joe

That means an early night for me tonight. This has been an awesome day off; spending time with my sisters like this every chance I get is important. Life is far too short and every moment counts.

I needed another picture
so I went back to July 5, 2018
Mom was dressed up when I arrived that day
for my visit
I sure miss her beautiful smile and warm hugs. 💖💖
Good night!

Thank you for catching up with me today. My readers are also very important to me, some of you truly feel like part of the family!

4 comments:

  1. Hope everything is ok with your Sis. I wish we had half the stores you have for shopping!! Good for you for removing some clothes when you buy more. That's a big problem that lives in my closet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day with your sisters. Hope all the tests work out for Donna.
    Well done, Master Gibbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lunch looked delicious. Cute picture of Mama. I hope all is well with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The physio clinic I go to is right across the parking lot from the Mission Store.

    ReplyDelete