Monday, July 11, 2022

A Warm, Windy Monday, Storms to Follow?

The Ridge

On Monday, July 11th I left the Suite at 7:15 to go to town. The Mat didn’t take long to clean, once more it appeared as if Jamie had been in. Only one customer came in, a familiar person and we chatted a bit while I finished up and he loaded his laundry. I was on my way home by 8:15. Bill had left and was working in Hanover today, only 20 minutes away.

Look at the sky
Pretty clouds

I sat with Gibbs and we went down the lane for a walk after I had my cereal. Now that I’ve got into the habit of eating my Life cereal before 10, I’m finding that I am hungry for it. With my lunch being after I get home from the body shop, it is good to have something light in my stomach anyway. 😉 Gibbs took his treat at 9:20 when I left to go around the corner to work.

It was a late but yummy lunch

Today, I did a bit of his online stuff, I’ll get him into doing e-transfers before the fall, and then I had some taping and re-taping to do. I’m still learning and he has the eye of a professional (he should after 40 years!) so I had to correct a few areas. The tape can’t be touching the paint, as much as I know that, I’m still clumsy in some areas. I corrected those and did a few sanding jobs on the newer truck’s cab and the older truck’s tailgate.

FINALLY!!
6 pcs. missing

I am very comfortable in my little She-Shack

I was home soon after 12:30 and it was quite humid even though the winds were very, very strong. Reading the maximum on our weather station, it looks like we had gusts of 28.6 mph this afternoon. They are still blowing tonight and we’re expecting storms and rainfall overnight. I haven’t watered the garden today so I’m hoping it happens. We need a good rainfall.

Now look at that sky

Gibbs ran around like a little fool
and then jumped in and out of the pool
to drink and cool off

Bill was home early, around 3, and he and Gibbs rested inside so I went out to finish the crazy puzzle. Done! There are 6 pieces missing and tomorrow it will be going into the fire pit. 😊 I told Bill I wouldn’t pass it on to my worst enemy! For supper, he grilled sausages and inside I fried the leftover potato for him and cooked corn on the cob for both of us. It was good and quite filling.

He was really funny in the pool today

Then when he was done,
he'd stretch out on the gravel

Oh and then let's get Mom's chair all wet

This afternoon, I watched the movie Young Guns and got a kick out of that old story about Billy the Kid. I remember seeing it often with my kids, Bridgette and Patrick, so had to text my daughter about it. She blows me away with her memory and quoted a couple of comments that made us laugh when the rebels were stoned. 😊 Cute movie but sad too.

Yah you!

Bill fixed our lower cupboard under the sink; it came apart over the winter with a little help from me. Woops! Gibbs watched and then also supervised as Bill took the lower storm window out of the door. Now the fresh air comes in top and bottom and Gibbs in particular will enjoy that. This has been a great day again.

Simple supper but it was tasty and filling

As I finish typing this, the sky to the east has darkened up quite a bit so I think we'll be getting our rain storm. 

To the west, the sun sets

Looking out to the back, the east sky
was looking threatening, although this picture hardly
tells the story.
Good night!

Thank you for popping in.

12 comments:

  1. I smiled at your puzzle picture. Harvey did one this winter that was missing one piece. We searched all over and still couldn't find it. I think he was a bit peeved.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TCM is playing some great movies from our youth tonight: Hard Days Night featuring the BEATLES and Alices Restaurant with Arlo Guthrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, looks like rain. Gibbs ... you are an entertainer!! That doesn't happen to be where the puzzle pieces went, is it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about Gibbs eating a couple but no, he has no interest in the pieces on the table and no way did I drop that many. We got our rain!

      Delete
  4. Good on you to persevere with the puzzle. Hope you got the rain yiu wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day Patsy, Bill & Gibbs,
    I love your she-shed, it's so nice to have a place all your STUFF can be in & exactly where
    you want it to be, to do with whatever you wish. Never thought I would suffer from she-shed envy. But there it is & I'll just have to live with it, ha, ha.
    That Gibbs little face, so cute but so mischievous looking. Love it.
    Well, I hope Mother Nature heard your plea for a watering on your garden.
    Take care, Melynda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melynda. I didn't think I'd want a She-Shed either until just one day, it hit me. :) Gibbs has more personality than any dog I've ever known. ♥
      Mother Nature DID hear our plea and water our plants royally all night long and into Tuesday.

      Delete
  6. I love the last picture...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete